Research Intern, Power and Renewables Boston
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Research
Role: Research Intern, Power and Renewables Boston
Location: Boston, MA
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets, resource plays, and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
Greentech Media, a Wood Mackenzie business, is searching for an independent, energetic and multifaceted individual to work with GTM's Renewables Market Research Team. We have opportunities for interns to work within a team of energy industry experts through the summer. The successful candidate will work on a project core to the ongoing research and development within Greentech Media's rapidly evolving Renewables Research team.
The successful candidate must have enthusiasm for the Energy business, data skills, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and improve relationships with the wider team, Wood Mackenzie's Power & Renewables business. As a member of an open, dynamic and innovative team, the intern will carry out research on an emerging theme within the energy business. Interns will have the chance to work alongside leading Analysts and industry authorities in their field while assisting in the creation and implementation of research products to advance the maturity and competitiveness of the global renewables industry.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Access & Excel
- Proficiency working with large datasets is required (database or programming skills desired)
- Strong Analytical & Writing Skills
- Interest in the Solar Energy and overall Electricity Sector
- The ability to work closely with colleagues to design and deliver high quality solutions
- Adhere to best practices and maintainability while freely knowledge sharing with colleagues
- The ability to learn to synthesize historical and forecast data
- Must be either entering senior year of Bachelors or in Masters program as of June 2019 in related field such as economics, finance, or engineering.
- Must be able to work in Boston, MA without relocation or housing assistance.
- Proficiency with data
- Proven interest in the energy industry, with particular interest in power and renewables
- Advanced skills in Excel and Data Modelling
- Issue Identification, problem solving and analysis
- Efficiency Focused
- Analytical skills
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie’s success.
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to [email protected].