Senior Systems Engineer- IntelliCorp
- Beachwood, OH 44122, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
IntelliCorp Records, Inc., is a provider of comprehensive background checks and employment screening solutions for businesses and nonprofit organizations. IntelliCorp, a Verisk business, is accredited through the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). Clients benefit from industry-leading data, easy-to-use services, personalized customer service, and training and compliance education. IntelliCorp’s customer-driven solutions and flexible system architecture allow for simple integration into multiple platforms. A robust operational framework and infrastructure of guiding principles and industry best practices demonstrate IntelliCorp’s steadfast commitment to compliance with federal and state requirements pertaining to background screening. To learn more about IntelliCorp, please visit us at: www.intellicorp.net. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
· Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
· Perform network design and capacity planning.
• Build, manage, and support core Infrastructure and Security services in AWS cloud.
• Collaborate with data owners and manager to evolve AWS cloud strategies.
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
· Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
· Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
· Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
· Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
· Design and perform security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
· Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
· Serves as a backup to the other Infrastructure Staff Members.
Roll requires on-call availability, must be willing to carry a company provided cell phone, and check email after working hours.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
· Occasional work after traditional business hours.
• Working knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
• Ability to architect and engineer cloud solutions.
• Ability to collaborate with data owners and managers to evolve cloud strategies.
• Ability to develop and implement automated scripts and tasks in the cloud (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation).
• Ability to develop technological plans and execute.
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems (i.e. Windows).
• Working knowledge of Data Security best practices and implementation of defensive measures.
• Excellent hands-on Hardware and Software troubleshooting experience.
• Excellent Vendor Management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communications.
• Ability to conduct research and present ideas clearly and concisely.
• College diploma in Information Technology preferred or related work experience accepted in leu of a diploma.
• Certification in Data Security, Server Administration (i.e. Windows), or Cloud Technology a plus.
• Requires on-call availability, must be willing to carry a company provided cell phone and respond accordingly.
• Occasional work after traditional business hours.
· Knowledge of Data Security best practices and implementation of defensive measures.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.