Senior Specialist - Finance
- Beijing, China
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Finance
Wood Mackenzie (WoodMac), a Verisk Analytics business, is the most comprehensive source of knowledge for the world's energy, metals and chemicals industries. We provide research and consulting services on every stage along the value chain - from discovery to delivery, and beyond - to provide clients with the commercial insight to make better decisions. With more than 1000 professionals in over 20 offices worldwide, we analyse the assets, markets and companies operating upstream and downstream; in oil, gas, coal, metals, and power generation.
The role holder will provide comprehensive finance and risk support to the offices in North-East Asia (including but not limited to Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong). The role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to the accounting and tax practices and risk management in the various jurisdictions in North-East Asia.
- Booking journals; helping with monthly closing process, including monthly accruals, preparation of schedules.
- Entering supplier invoices into the system and ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- Preparing customer invoices and assisting in receivables collection.
- Assisting in tax filing an year-end-audit process. Liaising with external advisers - financial, tax and legal.
- Liaison with banks, bureau and vendors. Prepare and deliver the documents and information required by different parties.
- Ensuring employee expense and time recording systems & procedures are operating properly.
- Liaising with professional parties, such as bank, audit, tax and legal consultant on setting up new offices or integrating newly acquired offices.
- Ensuring that appropriate financial controls are maintained and documented. Participate in continuous improvement regarding financial processes and control.
- Handle the full cycle of payroll processing by working with Human Resource department and external payroll vendors. It involves undertaking payroll calculation, performing payroll reconciliation and preparing payroll accounting.
- Assisting in risk policies implementation process.
- Maintenance of company documents (eg. business license, contracts and etc).
- Ad-hoc work, including other administrative works.
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy or above.
- 3 to 5 years experience in Accounting.
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese (both oral and written).
- Experience working at Big 4 is plus.
- Experience working overseas is a plus.
- Organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Team skills
- Knowledge in MS office - MS Excel and Powerpoint and Outlook