Pilot - Idaho
- Caldwell, ID, USA
- Verisk Business: Geomni
- Department: Aviation
GVAir is a division of Geomni. We create software and other technologies related to ariel imagery, and provide the world's most comperehensive and cutting-edge imagerey data acquisition, process, analytics, and distribution. We serve a wide range of markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning, and much more.
As a pilot with GVAir you will safely conduct flight missions to acquire digital imagery, LiDAR, GPS and IMU data. Overall responsibilities are:
- Working closely with Field Ops Specialists, Chief Pilots, and the Management team to ensure the mission goals and key objectives are met.
- Maintaining detailed flight log & other paperwork after each mission.
- Performing a thorough aircraft preflight check before each flight.
- Responsibility for the overall operation of the aircraft.
- Reponsibility for making personal travel arrangements during overnight or extended trips.
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply concepts and procedures related to aerial survey.
- Coordinating with Field Ops Specialist and Chief Pilot to determine daily flight mission plans.
- Successfully operating mission sensor equipment, as needed.
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- You hold either a Commercial Single or Multi Engine Aircraft License, depending on the needs of the location, and a current Instrument Rating
- You are able to travel up to 75% of the time (domestic)
- You are able to work weekends and holidays. Seasonal deployments may last up to 4 weeks during peak season
- You hold a valid Driver’s License
- You possess and are able to exercise the privileges of a Second Class Medical
- You are able to assess weather suitability for flight missions
- You have strong computer/technical skills (MS Office Suite)
- You have a high School diploma required; college degree preferred
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications)
- You have a Multi-Engine License (strongly preferred, required in certain hub locations)
- You have a CFI, CFII, or MEI
- You have a High Performance Endorsement
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.