PPC Field Representative III
- Austin, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Insurance Solutions
- Department: Field Respresentatives/Survey/Processing
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Your major responsibilities will involve conducting comprehensive studies of:
Consults with clients to conduct, analyze and document studies of communications resources and procedures relating to dispatch of fire alarms; fire department equipment, staffing, training and geographic distribution; water supply networks, including hydraulic analysis of water system capability; and building information pertaining to PPC requirements.
· Completes verifications in the office and in the field and plans trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of work.
· Conducts studies to determine complex and moderately complex community hazard mitigation gradings as assigned and prepares appropriate reports in accordance with corporate standards.
· May assist in coordinating meetings with local officials in small group and/or workshop formats and may offer information or advice as requested.
· Provides customer support for Verisk products through on-site visits as needed.
· May serve as a mentor and trainer to less experienced staff as needed.
· Maintains corporate standards of quality, timeliness, productivity and customer service.
· Maintains CHM equipment and supplies in accordance with Verisk policies.
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience preferred and one year of experience in fire/property insurance, fire protection services or engineering. Field experience performing detailed analyses preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of prescribed in-house training or equivalent required and demonstrated ability to perform all field work assignments at this grade level.
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and describe all aspects of a community’s fire protection capability and safely operate a vehicle to and from all sites. This will involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. and regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods and environments. It may be necessary to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Good customer service and one-on-one interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and provide constructive feedback. Ability to conduct on-the-job training. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.