Sales and Account Manager
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
The role of the Account Manager is to develop and manage the overall relationships with key clients/prospects in Lagos (Nigeria) and English speaking SS African countries for the purpose of:
- Retaining and increasing sales as well as improving the profitability of Wood Mackenzie research products and multi-client studies.
- Developing networks that lead to a deep understanding of the client’s needs and therefore future requirements.
- Proactively gain feedback from clients on Wood Mackenzie offerings in order that we continue to develop our services in line with our client needs.
- Facilitating consultancy sales.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement Client Business Plans to provide clarification on the strategy and size of potential opportunities.
- Develop networks to ensure sales (renewal and new business) targets are met.
- Maximise sales and profitability of energy & Metals products (research and multi-clients).
- Proactively understand the client in order to facilitate research and consultancy opportunities and then work with the Region Manager to help close the sale.
- Ensure that the relationship is co-ordinated across sales and support, training, research and consultancy.
- Ensure that there is a high level of communication both internally and externally.
Knowledge & Experience
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5-10 years experience, preferably in an international business environment, and should have had exposure to a sales or commercial role in this time.
- Experience of working in the energy sector, and knowledge of the professional research and consultancy services will also be beneficial.
- The role demands strong relationship management skills; the ability to make senior level presentations, strong negotiation and selling skills as well as a results oriented mindset. Whilst reporting directly to the Middle East Region Manager you must also be able to work autonomously, giving research demonstrations, creating opportunities, developing and closing deals.
- The person must be comfortable with a high profile both internally and externally.
- Adaptability to the culture of both Wood Mackenzie and our clients
- Results oriented
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Planning, implementation and control
- Client focused
- Efficiency focused
- Change orientation
- Determined and resilient
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Cultural alignment to the West African culture and fluency in English is essential
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.