Power & Renewables APAC Research and Consulting Sales
- Shanghai, China
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
Power and Renewables
Wood Mackenzie Power and Renewables provides integrated subscription, research and advisory services for the power and renewables sectors enabling our clients to make the best decisions as the global electricity industry goes through a transformation.
Our cutting-edge knowledge across the power sector, including solar power and wind supply chains, costs, and investment trends, further strengthens Wood Mackenzie's offerings in the market during this rapidly changing time in the energy sector.
The role holder will be responsible for China, consulting and research sales and will be based in either Beijing or Shanghai. He/she will work within the existing team of experienced Power & Renewables research and consulting professionals who are responsible for delivering an expanding range of research and consulting services to the fossil, wind, solar & storage sectors. The position requires an understanding of the power sector (fossil, wind, solar, storage) and an understanding of how power fits within the wider energy transition. The position has a particular focus on New Business Development alongside retaining and growing existing relationships.
The successful candidate will be a results-driven individual who is very comfortable in a high-profile position both inside and outside the organisation. They will thrive on the sales process and all this entails – right down to the challenges of winning new business and maintaining long term relationships with the current client base, and are able to understand value drivers and strategic challenges and opportunities for our client base in power & renewables.
- Retaining and growing sales revenue from current and new clients from Wood Mackenzie’s range of research and consulting offerings
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement an actionable sales strategy designed to maintain and grow Wood Mackenzie’s Power & Renewables research and consulting business in China
- New Business Development is a key function of this position thus networking and lead development are key elements of the role
- Work with Marketing to help develop and support initiatives
- Working with the APAC P&R research and consulting teams to identify key sales acquisition targets, and executing through to close of the sale
- Keeping Salesforce, and all other internal sales management activities, up-to-date
- Liaise with other regional sales team members in order to ensure appropriate client solutions are provided, as well as to ensure regional coordination and cross-sell
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, ethics and attention to detail to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered to all clients
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues across the business matrix
- Keep client and internal teams informed of progress at all times
- Ability to present clearly and concisely to clients and colleagues
- Work with clients from different sectors, functions and demographics
- Proven effective cross team working skills, being able to work in an open and trusting way across the broader consulting, research and sales teams in Wood Mackenzie
- As Power & Renewable are growing rapidly and the team transitioning, adopt a flexible approach towards work
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to create value in dialogue through deep expertise in power & renewables sector
- Personal network in the Chinese power & renewables sector
- Personal track record of selling research or consulting to the power & renewables sector
- Strong business development skills and an aptitude for developing senior level relationships
- Ability to demonstrate bigger picture understanding of client’s marketing or business strategy
- Excels at selling and negotiating to progress and close deals; a results oriented mind-set is key
- Solution-oriented thinking: anticipate client questions and deliver well thought-out answers
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and outstanding presentation abilities
- Track record of meeting sales targets and managing key accounts in China, and possibly northeast Asia
- At least an undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Strong interest in the energy industries is essential
- Proven experience of working in a team environment is essential
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin
- Effective cross team worker, being able to work in an open and trusting way
- Results oriented - ensures client satisfaction throughout the consulting and research sales process
- Adopts flexible approach towards work
- Strong personal time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.