Sales and Account Manager, China
- Beijing, China
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
The role of the Sales and Account Manager is to develop and manage the overall relationships with clients in China for the purpose of:
· Retaining and increasing sales of Wood Mackenzie research and consulting products and multi-client studies to existing and new clients
· Developing broad contacts at the user-level within Chinese Energy and Mining & Metals companies to encourage high usage of Wood Mackenzie research and consulting products
· Proactively gain feedback from clients on Wood Mackenzie offerings in order that we continue to develop our services in line with our client needs in China
Primarily mainland China.
The Sales and Account Manager will be required to perform job responsibilities as directed by his or her direct supervisor or other more senior staff members in a manner that meet their standards and expectations. The main job responsibilities include the following.
· Develop appropriate networks and relationships to ensure sales (renewal and new business) targets are met. Focus will primarily be Chinese energy, mining and metals companies
· Create, implement and manage new client development in China under the direction of the Sales Manager in China
· Ensure that the relationship is co-ordinated across sales and support, training, research and consultancy
· Ensure that there is a high level of communication both internally and externally
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The Sales and Account Manager will be required to possess knowledge, skills and experiences that meet the standards and expectations of his or her direct supervisor or other more senior staff members. These knowledge, skills and experiences include the following.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in an international business environment, and should have had exposure to a sales role in this time. Experience of working in the oil & gas and mining & metals industry or professional services will be beneficial.
The role requires networking, a desire to interact with people and the ability to work with clients with varied needs. In addition, applicants should be able to make presentations to all levels and should have strong negotiation and selling skills. Whilst reporting directly to the China Sales manager, the successful applicant will, over time, be expected to work autonomously to create opportunities and to develop and close deals.
The Sales and Account Manager will be required to satisfy his or her direct supervisor or other more senior staff members that he or she is competent on the job, including being competent in the following areas.
· Adaptability to the culture of both Wood Mackenzie and our clients
· Results oriented
· Self-motivated, energetic, proactive
· Communication skills
· Team Working
· Flexibility and resourcefulness
Cultural & Language
Cultural alignment to China and fluency in Mandarin is essential. Fluency in English is also essential.