Maintenance Technician II
- Shift: 1st
Vericast is a premier marketing solutions company that accelerates profitable revenue growth for the thousands of businesses it serves directly by influencing consumer purchasing and transaction behavior at scale while engaging with over 120 million households daily. We are recognized as leading providers of incentives, advertising, marketing services, transaction solutions, customer data and cross-channel campaign management, and intelligent media delivery that create millions of customer touch points annually for their clients. For more information, visit http://www.vericast.com or follow Vericast on LinkedIn.
Maintenance Technician II
- Shift: 6am-4:30pm Mon-Thurs
- Weekend shifts required for shutdown maintenance
- Hourly Pay Rate: $24.00 - $26.00 DOE
Your job will be to perform preventive/corrective maintenance on equipment and facility. Assist Operators with minor maintenance issues to consistently obtain the standard operating efficiency of system and minimize down time. Ability to demonstrate the operation of and test the equipment analyzing malfunctions to correct the problem. Basic troubleshooting skills. Proficient in at least one area of printing bindery or packaging machine maintenance. Ability to conduct rebuilds on equipment. Maintains records of repairs calibrations tests and standard setting processes. Communicates equipment problems that are beyond their abilities to the support group. Accountability for following a process during purchasing usage and/or recording of consumables. Ability to assist Level 2 and Level 3 in repairs and other equipment or plant upgrades.
- Assist operators with minor maintenance issues as needed and replace broken or damaged items in a timely manner. Performs electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance and audits
- Assist with facilities maintenance and other duties as assigned
- Ability to review interpret and understand performance data that will enable them to identify and implement performance improvement activities
- Perform maintenance best practices
- Lead and/or assist with local Engineering upgrades and projects
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (required)
- Mechanical and/or Electronic courses (preferred)
- Strong mechanical reasoning skills and conscientiousness
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under time constraints
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Experience using Windows based PC applications
COMMUNICATION & CONTACTS
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain whether mechanical or human error contributed to equipment breakdown. Requires continuous communication with Team Leaders or Managers to update status and align equipment priorities. Communication with suppliers, customers (internal and external), and corporate engineering is required
- Judgment and decision-making required on a daily basis concerning machine downtime and trouble-shooting
- Have working knowledge of lock out tag out and hot work permits procedures. Ability to understand and follow verbal and simple written instructions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to learn and follow all safety regulations and job instructions to perform primary duties
- The ability to perform physical labor, prolonged walking, standing, lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis, stooping, bending, and ladder climbing
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending, and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment
Hourly Pay Rate: $24.00 - $26.00 DOE
The ultimate compensation offered for the position will depend upon several factors such as skill level, cost of living, experience, and responsibilities.
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and flexible PTO. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.