Process Quality Technician - 1st Shift
- Shift: 1st
Harland Clarke, a Vericast business, is a premier marketing solutions company that accelerates profitable revenue growth for the 70,000 businesses it serves directly by influencing consumer purchasing and transaction behavior at scale while engaging with over 120 million households daily. We are recognized as leading providers of incentives, advertising, marketing services, transaction solutions, customer data and cross-channel campaign management, and intelligent media delivery that create millions of customer touch points annually for their clients. For more information, visit http://www.vericast.com or follow Vericast on LinkedIn.
Harland Clarke, a Vericast brand, offers a year-round TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED, BRIGHT, CLEAN manufacturing printing team-based environment.
Here are some of the benefits we offer after 30 days:
Your choice of Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Paid Time Off after 45 days
3 ½ weeks of Paid Time Off , Annualized
Tuition Assistance after 90 days
$750.00 for Referring a Friend
Eligible for pay increase after 90 days
We are looking for a Process Quality Technician to join the team on 1st shift! As Process Quality Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the quality group & the teams in the production environment along with using troubleshooting techniques to solve PQ related issues.
Required to perform Print, Bindery, Packaging, & Mailroom audits and inspections as outlined in training materials.
- Inspect problem runs, perform equipment quality tests, such as motion quality, signal strength, and MICR sampling.
- Evaluate and count spoilage.
- Support production teams on quality questions.
- Produce and process samples for QCS.
- Conduct research and root cause analysis.
- Attend daily Team Business Meetings (huddles) as the quality resource.
- Research and identify late work.
- Run ready to sort reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Must have good typing skills.
- Experience with Harland Clarke processes and procedures.
- Willingness to train with desire to increase knowledge of quality duties.
- Strong technical and computer knowledge.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Computer, keyboard, and mouse.
- Experience using MS Office.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to effectively communicate with QCS, Account Managers, and Priority One Managers. Frequently interacts with employees on work team by sharing information both out on the floor and in Team Business Meetings.
Ability to make fact based decisions with shift Team Leader.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- General Office Environment
- Near Moving Mechanical Parts
- Risk of Electrical Shock
- Bending / Stooping
- Ability to Adjust Focus
- Using both hands
- Hand-to-Eye Coordination / Motor Skills
- Twisting / Turning
- Using both feet
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
Pay Rate: $17.00/hr
The ultimate compensation offered for the position will depend upon several factors such as skill level, cost of living, experience, and responsibilities.
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf