Production Technician 1 Strapper - 2nd Shift
- Shift: 2nd
Valassis, a Vericast business, is a premier marketing solutions company that accelerates profitable revenue growth for the thousands of businesses it serves directly by influencing consumer purchasing and transaction behavior at scale while engaging with over 120 million households daily. We are recognized as leading providers of incentives, advertising, marketing services, transaction solutions, customer data and cross-channel campaign management, and intelligent media delivery that create millions of customer touch points annually for their clients. For more information, visit http://www.vericast.com or follow Vericast on LinkedIn.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
Production Technician 1 Strapper - 2nd Shift
Hours: 12:15am- 08:30pm
Responsible for loading, unloading, and maintaining material to assigned machine units. Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment. Responsible for quality, output, and production goals. Responsible for palletizing finished goods and ensuring the pallets are wrapped in a manner that maintains stability and neatness.
- Verify correct material for production line, and load and unload materials into the machine.
- Respond to the indicator lights and display screens and know the actions required to mitigate the issue.
- Perform basic machine setup (including being able to work the machine interface or machine controls), adjusting machine components, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Ensures finished goods are properly palletized, instructing the logistics tech to move product to finish location
- Prepare all finished products according to established USPS standards; Demonstrates proficiency through the proper recognition of the printed address labels on finished products.
- Clear jams and address errors on end of line machine components.
- Support and comply with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed. Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
- Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment, including housekeeping standards. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task. Basic math skills. Attention to detail. Team player (works well with others). Ability to assess obstacles and make minor non-mechanical adjustments to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed. Operate a pallet jack.
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Preferred: Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language
- Operate a pallet jack.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS: Communicate with team members.
Share equipment knowledge with team members.
OTHER: Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 30lbs, push and pull up to 30lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 30lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees are required to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided. *Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
Valassis considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting our recruiting administrator at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.