Human Resource Generalist
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Shift: 1st
Vericast is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries and its consumer brand SAVE. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Follow Vericast on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
We’re in search of a dynamic, organized self-starter candidate to join the HR team at our Auburn, WA manufacturing facility. As an HR Generalist, you will support and partner with the local leadership team in our Auburn location by executing HR practices that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture. Our ideal candidate is looking for a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and is detail-oriented, service-focused, curious, adaptive, and looking for an opportunity to make an impact.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Provide insights enabling support of business needs to ensure alignment to overall company goals.
- Support locations staffing needs by determining organizational needs, recruiting and interviewing applicants, and taking applicants through the entire hiring process.
- Talent Acquisition: Administration and coordination Sources candidates using internet job fairs and other methods. Participates in external recruiting events. Builds relationships with key individuals and organizations in the community as recruiting sources. Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting colleges employment agencies community groups and organizations etc. of new hire onboarding orientation to the organization.
- Facilitate new-hire orientation program and provide feedback for continuous improvement to ensure a best-in-class on-boarding experience.
- Offboarding Process: Facilitates employee off boarding process including system entry, exit interviews and providing feedback as needed
- Provide directional support to associates and leaders on day-to-day HR related questions and issues.
- Advises Supervisors/Managers and monitors performance management, leave management, disciplinary actions, compensation and benefits issues consulting with HR Director and corporate resources.
- Proactively address and monitor employee relation issues through coaching, progressive discipline and properly prepared corrective actions as advised by HR Director.
- Assist in the interpretation and consistent application of HR polices and benefit programs.
- Ensures accurate processing of payroll and other information in HRIS.
- Properly manages and maintains employment records and the processing of employee information.
- Deliver Supervisor and Manager training for client groups and other programs to all associates.
- Administer workers’ compensation and provide guidance in the safety program.
- Partner with the HR team on special projects.
What you will bring to Vericast:
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 4 years Human Resources experience preferred. PHR/SHRM-CP certification desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of Human Resources experience in employee relations and disciplinary action.
What Will Make Your Stand Out:
· Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
· Proven ability to work independently on a variety of responsibilities and projects.
· Operates with autonomy and maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
· Develops strong personal credibility and trusted relationships with client groups and teammates.
· Takes initiative, works to be a problem-solver, and seeks opportunities for process improvement.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including facilitation and training delivery skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Practices agility, and is a detail-oriented, self-starter.
· Adapts easily to change.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
· Exercises good judgment and decision-making skills.
· Motivates and empowers others to reach organizational goals.
· Strong Knowledge of Washington employment law and regulations
· Ability to support a 24/7 environment that has multiple shifts.
Serves as a human resources business partner (HRBP) providing direction and support at the professional level for assigned client group. Engages with client group leaders to proactively manage their human capital needs to improve or enhance operational performance. Manages client group’s human resources (HR) functions and provides counsel, training and support on HR-related matters to managers and employees. Consults with HR Manager to provide support in all areas of HR including but not limited to: talent acquisition and staffing, performance management, talent management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS, onboarding, training and development, compliance and EEO/AAP. Confers with HR Manager, Senior HRBP and/or Corporate experts on matters of employment law, compliance, performance improvement and policy/process interpretation to ensure consistency across organization.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
(Essential duties are identified by asterisks. Please add percentage of time spent on duties/responsibility.)
15% * Builds and maintains knowledge of business operations and strategic and tactical goals for assigned client groups, as well as understanding the overall company’s mission, vision, and goals. Establishes the credibility and business acumen necessary to build trusted partnerships and actively contribute to business decisions. Actively participates in client group’s business/staff meetings, providing relevant updates and input.
15% * Provides support for client group’s staffing and talent acquisition needs. Responsibilities include: working with leaders to determine organizational needs, obtaining specific requirements, coordinating all advertising, recruiting and screening of applicants, utilizing and maintaining recruiting systems and working with hiring manager on offer letters and starting salaries. Coordinates with hiring manager or client group leaders to develop and ensure completion of a comprehensive, effective onboarding and initial training plan for all new employees. Follows up regularly with each new employee during first 90 days to provide support.
10% * Advises on and assists supervisors and managers with managing employee relations and disciplinary matters. Works closely with client group leaders to ensure consistent communication and administration of policies and programs and proactively address and monitor employee relations issues. May assist with or conduct employee relations investigations in accordance with company guidelines; works with Senior HRBP to makes recommendation to business leaders regarding appropriate courses of action to address findings; assists in administration of corrective action when necessary; ensures preparation and storage of relevant documentation. Confers with senior HRBP when dealing with complex ER issues.
20% * Serves as point of contact for employees for inquiries or concerns related to human resources, compensation/payroll, benefits, or employee relations. Effectively communicates with all employees; promptly and courteously responds to employee inquiries or questions. Ensures appropriate and effective dissemination of relevant information and communication materials to employees, using a variety of methods. Lead efforts to ensure employees have opportunities to provide input/ideas for innovation.
10% * Provides support to leaders in the annual performance management process to ensure clear objectives are in place and formal evaluations are completed. Provides coaching and counsel for supervisors regarding employees’ performance. Functions as resource for employees to understand their needs and reinforce messages of acceptable/required performance levels. Reinforces proper documentation of positive and constructive feedback and utilization of proper steps in performance improvement process. Reviews and edits corrective actions or performance improvement plans prior to delivery to employees. Identifies and recommends training/resources and experiences that will optimize performance. Confers with senior HRBP as needed when potential corrective action may be taken to address performance issues.
10% * Ensures procedural and ad hoc HR administrative requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner; such as processing employee change forms. Executes compensation and total reward strategies in partnership with senior HRBP and Corporate Compensation. Ensures that benefits communication and related processes are coordinated in an accurate and timely manner. May develop and updates job descriptions. Responsible for the coordination of new hire onboarding processes including completion of SAP new hire actions, completion of new hire required paperwork and coordination with Valassis HR Solution Center, if applicable, to ensure timely processing of I-9 and new hire forms. Schedules and/or conducts new hire orientation and benefits sessions. Provides input for, and/or completes and responds to unemployment claims. Leads, supports, or actively participates in local safety initiatives. Leads or supports other local or company-sponsored initiatives, such as employee surveys and action plans, charity drives, wellness initiatives, executive visits, town hall meetings, new technology deployments, etc.
10% * May direct the work of, and ensures appropriate coaching, support, and development of Human Resources Representatives or Receptionist. Assists in the interpretation and application of HR policies and benefit programs. Ensures proper management of employment records. Ensures accurate processing of payroll and other information in HRIS.
5% * Partners with Talent Management team and with client groups to determine training needs. Develops and/or delivers local training modules, corporate-sponsored, regulatory and other training/orientation programs. Partners with senior HRBP to leverage training and development opportunities in multiple locations to drive performance and productivity.
5% * Serves on and/or supports HR or Company project teams as needed. Assists with HR support for other locations as needed. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to type using a computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education & Knowledge:
· Bachelor's Degree or minimum 4 years Human Resources experience preferred. PHR/SHRM-CP certification desired.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
· Minimum of 4 years of Human Resources experience in employee relations and disciplinary action. 1 year supervisory experience desired.
· Facilitation and training delivery skills desired.
· Excellent PC skills, Microsoft Office, including Excel.
· Demonstrated competencies including influence management, collaboration, communication (written and verbal) skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to communicate and work with individuals with disabilities and diverse backgrounds.
· Able to motivate and empower others to reach organizational goals.
· Ability to maintain decorum in the highly confidential nature of the work.
· Strong knowledge of employment law and regulations through education and/or experience.
· May supervise HR Representative(s) and/or receptionist. Assists and provides support with Human Resources issues to Business process client group Supervisors/Managers.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
· Communicates with client group employees and managers, Corporate HR, HRSC external customers/vendors, DOL/OFCCP.
Decision Making Scope:
· Assist in decisions in all areas of HR Management to include: Personnel development, Hiring/firing, benefits, compensation, training, budgetary, legal actions, and various other personnel decisions.
· Requires ability to resolve moderately complex inquiries on their own and apply moderately high levels of independent thinking to resolve issues.
· Requires ability to apply of independent thinking to solve complex inquiries
Salary Range : $70,500-$85,000
Vericast, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting [email protected]