Software Engineer II-Advertising, Infrastructure & Services Team
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 1st
Valassis (a Vericast company) is seeking a Software Engineer II to help build the service layers and integration components of our digital advertising services. You will be joining a talented team responsible for integrations between our real-time programmatic ad buying platform and UI-driven programmatic configurations for our digital business. The products we build also facilitate external service integrations into our advertising platform. Our infrastructure is used by software developers, data scientists, and business analysts.
We are looking for someone to:
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain production-quality advertising services and functionality
- Implement architecture and design patterns to help ensure our systems scale well into the future
- Collaborate within the engineering organization and across multi-disciplinary teams to solve technical problems
- Contribute to our team’s growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes.
- Participate in capacity planning, scope evaluation, design, testing, and maintenance in an Agile software development environment
- Proficiency in high-level languages such as Java and Python
- Proficient in SQL, familiarity with Postgres is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics)
- 3+ years of professional software experience
- Experience developing Java applications in a fast-paced environment
Technologies We Use
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Thrift, OpenAPI, Python, Jupyter
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Hadoop
- Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes
- Ubuntu, CentOS
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.