Production Technician 2 - 1st shift
- Austell, GA, USA
- Shift: 1st
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its signature Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, to precisely target our clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
We are intelligent media delivery.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday® is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings.
Come flourish with Valassis Manufacturing!
- Thrive in an environment of mutual accountability where multi-skilled employees and collaborative teams participate in planning, organizing and executing a daily business plan.
- Join an operations team that exceeds client expectations by enhancing print capabilities, digital offers, and customer service.
- Work with complex technologies from industry leading equipment and international suppliers that specialize in digital printing, manufacturing automation and IT systems.
- Develop your technical skills through in-depth training and certification processes.
- Explore your passion working with advanced, robotics equipment.
- Dive into a dynamic business environment with a sophisticated manufacturing process that delivers relevant marketing campaigns and solutions to help our partners, clients and customers grow their business.
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
- Production Technician 2 - 3rd shift 10PM-6AM
- Responsible for meeting production goals/quality, machine operation and set up, delegation of labor, leading a team and ensuring enough of the proper materials are staged at the machine.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment.
- Additionally fulfills the job duties of a Production Technician 1 Feeder/Strapper as required.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Load and unload material into machine (30%)
- Perform and validate proper machine component set up (20%)
- Manage machine performance using a computer interface, requiring the use of a keyboard and mouse to point and click on work assignments and take corrective action when prompted by error message (15%)
- Applies troubleshooting skills for various machine components (15%)
- Perform quality checks (QC) on finished products (10%)
- Resolve machine productivity and product quality issues without assistance (5%)
- Analyzes, and reports critical objective data and information to production lead/supervisor, recommending improved machine use, quality control, and staff utilization (5%)
- Lead and coach team members (varying crew size).
- Adhere to housekeeping standards.
- Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy work environment.
- Collect machine performance information and enters data into MS Excel spreadsheet (if applicable).
- Maintain open communication with the team.
- Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
- Share equipment knowledge with team members.
- Responsible for quality, output, and production goals.
- Support and comply with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
- Operate a pallet jack.
- Pull samples of finished products as needed.
- Working knowledge of machine components & manufacturing operations.
- Make minor non-mechanical adjustments, such as jams and machine calibration to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Ability to read and respond to the machine digital interface / machine error messages.
- PT1 – Palletizer Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures finished gods are properly palletized, instructing the Logistics Technician to move product to finish location.
- Prepare all finished products according to established USPS standards; demonstrates proficiency through the proper recognition of the printed address label on finished products.
- Respond to machine display screens.
- Manage multiple work orders on multiple output stations.
- PT1 – Feeder Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lad and unload materials into the machine.
- Respond to the indicator lights and display screens and know the actions required to mitigate the issue.
- Adjust machine components as needed.
- Verify correct material is on the production line.
- Ability t work with machine interface / machine controls.
- Perform basic machine setup and troubleshooting as needed
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicate with other production team members
Decision Making Scope:
- Work Prioritization to meet production commitments and goals
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
Education & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent education certification.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine components and manufacturing operation.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 1 – 3 years related experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to assess obstacles and take corrective action.
- Mathematical skills and ability to read and comprehend daily machine reports.
- Demonstrates ability as a line lead (one machine).
- Computer usage experience preferred.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 30lbs, push and pull up to 30lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/ grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 30lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees require the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
- *Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
Valassis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator.