Logistics Technician 1 - 2nd Shift Production
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 2nd
Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Follow Valassis on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
Logistics Technician 2 - 2nd Shift
Hours: 5:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
• Responsible for efficient and timely staging, loading and shipping of prepared mailings to guarantee proper quality and compliance with Company policy and USPS requirements.
• Properly unload trucks of incoming material. Responsible for safe operations of powered industrial equipment at all times. Load trucks with finished goods; following trailer sheets and transportation manager’s directions.
• Responsible for posting all raw materials in and out of the warehouse on the computerized tracking system.
• Additionally fulfills the duties of a Logistics Technician 1 as required.
- Forklift Operations: Performs shipping scheduling and manages daily work assignments to prioritize loads and ensure accuracy for shipment to USPS. Weighs, as required, and put in proper location all raw materials. Follows all company guidelines. Unloads trucks with raw materials in a timely and cost effective manner. Coordinates the daily work routine of shipping operations, to include procedure compliance, and material handling priorities. Performs job functions utilizing company equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. Ensures all deliveries are made in accordance with contract terms. Provides accurate route delivery information and any independent contract carrier issues.
- Organizational: Works closely with machine leads and site supervision, to manage raw materials to insure continuous production of finished products. Utilizes the Oracle Transportation system to properly generate required shipping and postal documentation. Implements and maintains all components of the Postage Payment Elective agreement (PPE) to comply with Postal regulations in the shipping of standard mail. Provides material handlers with PIC list identifying location of stored client material and available locations for storage. Monitors the orderliness of the warehouse raw material storage areas and takes action as needed to maintain proper organization. Assists in the location of excess material identified by the Client Services Department. Ensures disposition of copy when the Client Services department receives the information entered. Notifies appropriate personnel if there are major variances of client copy.
- Administrative: Enters receiving information into computer systems and prepare reports. Performs good housekeeping techniques at the job site areas, properly handling paper waste and debris, and the removal of all potential safety hazards from the general area. Performs complete physical inventories of material as required by procedures and prepare reports. Develops good rapport with postal personnel assigned to the facility. Provides orientation to new employees, to include safety practices training. Monitors the quality of technician reports, to include piece weights and weight verification calculations. Investigates any issues detected in these reports or other receiving documents. Responds to inquiries from other departments regarding the receipt of information on a priority basis.
- 1- 3 years related experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: (• Powered Industrial Truck Certification)
- Ability to use Oracle Transportation system properly.
- Knowledge of USPS shipping requirements and company transportation, production & receiving procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred.
- Advanced computer software experience.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Communicate with other production team members.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb (steps or ladders up to 25 ft.) or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to chemicals that require special handling and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Valassis, a Vericast Company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting our recruiting administrator at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.