Sr. Manager, Partnerships & Strategy
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 1st
Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families.
This role is open to any US major metro area working remotely from home.
The Sr. Manager, Partnerships & Strategy is responsible for developing and executing the Valassis long term strategic plan. This position works closely with the Valassis senior leadership team on strategic growth initiatives, 3rd party partnerships and alliances.
You'll be responsible for sourcing and executing partnerships, data purchase, and other strategic and operational agreements under the supervision of the Head of New Business Development. You will also work closely with the Valassis Sales team in understanding customer needs and exploring potential strategic alliances to support key clients. You'll need to be self-sufficient and comfortable presenting concepts and strategic rationale to both senior leadership and external partners.
This role includes preliminary external opportunity assessment, intelligence gathering, and analysis of various partnership alternatives to accomplish Valassis Digital objectives. This person manages the entire deal process with external and internal parties with the support of the broader Business Development team. This person negotiates, coordinates, and manages the legal document development process (including term sheets, LOIs, and definitive agreements) in coordination with the Head of Business Development.
What you'll do:
- Understand customer needs and create value for multiple parties
- Communicate with both internal teams (sr. execs, sales, analytics, account managers, engineers,) as well as the customer and partner (which may also include their legal, engineering, and Business Development teams)
- Deal execution with the bigger picture in mind
- Proactive research, identification and execution of new partnerships that bring value add to the business
- Be the point of contact for key strategic partners with the goal of advancing opportunities in accordance to the strategic direction of the organization
- Identify gaps in the Valassis Digital offering and source partnerships that fill those gaps
- Support “Buy, Build and Partner” analysis for data solutions and platforms that can support suite of products
Conduct market and competitive research / analysis to support strategic growth initiatives
Perform financial / scenario analysis of strategic partnerships, projects and investments
- Continually educate in industry trends and represent the organization at industry events
- Contract renewals and negotiations
- Reporting of program results to the broader organization
- BS, BA or equivalent from an accredited 4-year university or college
- MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, management consulting, or corporate strategy and development
- Prior experience in digital technology, media or advertising a plus
- Willingness to travel 15-20%
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
Valassis considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.