Marketing Science Engineer I
- Livonia, MI, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 1st
Vericast is a leading marketing solutions company, delivering actionable insights and expertise through its Valassis and Harland Clarke omnichannel solutions, to help more than 70,000 businesses engage with their customers. Every day, Vericast influences purchasing and transaction behavior of more than 120 million households – impacting where they eat, shop, buy, save and borrow. Follow Vericast on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn how Vericast drives commerce.
Marketing Science Engineer
Valassis Digital is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Science Engineer to on developing data analytics and measurement practices, allowing strategic clients to connect the dots between online and offline consumer behavior. The Marketing Science developer is skilled in various coding and development practices and is responsible for creating and maintaining tools, databases, and automated processes leveraged by the organization.
- Work to refine and develop new measurement products, workflows, tools, and automation
- Establish best practices with workflows, tools, and product automation
- Convert R&D projects into full scale products for our clients
- Manage data flows and schema structure on the Marketing Science database, responsible for tracking all campaign performance metadata
- Work on high impact custom requests for key strategic clients
- Review and maintain existing tool-set and code base, continue to improve existing tools and create new ones
- Communicate with other internal teams and support ongoing automation and analytic requests
- Understand the needs of key clients and develop new tools and practices to support these requests
- Extensive knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of Spark and Hadoop
- Understanding of data management and development best practices
- Demonstrated success in developing new automation processes
- Ability to develop new products with limited direction/supervision
- Focus on development of new tools, measurement strategies, and optimization processes
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and deliver results to key stakeholders
- Knowledge of various statistical measurement techniques and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred quantitative field (Math, Economics, etc)
- 2-5 years’ experience in analytics, digital advertising, or similar field
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and online and offline targeting capabilities that fuels superior display advertising and expanded media offerings, such as in-store campaign solutions, for advertising clients. Through proprietary technology, Valassis Digital creates meaningful marketing and advertising impact for businesses – from planning, delivery, and attribution. Valassis Digital taps into meaningful, actionable insights that drive better campaign performance.
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and time off. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] or 616-541-3145.