Production Technician 3 - 1st Shift
- Salt Lake City, UT, United States
- Shift: 1st
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its signature Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, to precisely target our clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
We are intelligent media delivery.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday® is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings.
Come flourish with Valassis Manufacturing!
- Thrive in an environment of mutual accountability where multi-skilled employees and collaborative teams participate in planning, organizing and executing a daily business plan.
- Join an operations team that exceeds client expectations by enhancing print capabilities, digital offers, and customer service.
- Work with complex technologies from industry leading equipment and international suppliers that specialize in digital printing, manufacturing automation and IT systems.
- Develop your technical skills through in-depth training and certification processes.
- Explore your passion working with advanced, robotics equipment.
- Dive into a dynamic business environment with a sophisticated manufacturing process that delivers relevant marketing campaigns and solutions to help our partners, clients and customers grow their business.
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
• Production: Ensures that goals are being met and issues are communicated to Manager. Completes all work assignments during production. Checking in material, Pocket set-ups, Move material offline that is no longer needed, and other assignments as necessary. Make adjustments to the machine that improve quality and performance.
• Quality and Waste: Monitors product quality for correctness and report when errors occur. Monitors print and bundle quality. Make adjustments as necessary to correct quality issues. Monitors product waste and take steps to reduce or eliminate spoilage and doubles.
• Communication/Record Keeping: Maintains accurate record keeping IE: safety audits, packages per hour, labor hours per thousand and other logs or forms. Communicates personnel issues to the Manager.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Communicate with other team members
Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
• High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred.
• Basic computer software experience.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of machine components and manufacturing operation.
• 1-3 years Related experience. Ability to multi-task. Strong knowledge of machine components and manufacturing operations. Ability to troubleshoot machine problems. Demonstrates advance skills in computers and production reports. (Required)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift up to 40lbs, carry up to 40lbs, push up to 40lbs, pull up to 40lbs, twist, stand, stoop, climb, bend, walk, squat, kneel, reach, and grip throughout the shift. Lastly, employees are required to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.*Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.