Call Center Supervisor - Contract to Hire
- Livonia, MI, USA
- Shift: Flexible
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of customer engagement solutions that help connect businesses and people how, when, and where it matters. The company offers payment tools such as checks and cards; and marketing services such as deposit and loan acquisition programs, digital marketing, performance analytics and promotional products for businesses. It deploys these solutions holistically, across print, phone, and digital channels, ensuring that the customers of its world-class client base enjoy a consistently superior experience. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vericast (http://www.vericast.com). For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn and on Twitter @HarlandClarke.
The primary objective of the Supervisor -Contact Center Solutions 2nd Shift is to develop and support Customer Care Specialists to ensure that all established goals of the department are attained. The Supervisor will work closely with the CS&S Managers and Director, as well as all other corresponding departments and supporting people and processes to ensure that overall Center goals are attained and that the maximum productivity of each Customer Care Specialist is achieved. Supervisors must project professional and positive support in communicating policy and process updates/changes to gain Specialists buy in.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Overall development of Customer Care Specialists (45%)
- Effectively lead, coach, train, develop and support Center employees to ensure attainment of Center performance objectives. Gives constructive feedback, coach and conduct corrective actions on employees related individual performance. Ensure appropriate training for new and existing employees. Ensure appropriate resources are allocated for employees to effectively accomplish their job; monitor Team and Centers performance and provide support and feedback for team and other center employees.
- Exercise strategic plan to grow Specialists to meet and exceed all assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Monitor and update Team Statistics to track performance for feedback, incentives and Performance Reviews (coordinate with Reporting Analysts). Oversee reporting for accuracy
- Support and develop Specialist by responding to questions and providing feedback, coaching, communicating information, and training. Conduct one-on-one sessions with Specialist. Prepare and conduct Performance Reviews, Individual Development Plans (IDP's), and Business Excellence Agreements (BEA's).
- Partner with the Quality Coach to develop employees and perform the Quality Assessment process including but not limited to; listening to calls and providing feedback on call quality (non-scored call coaching)
- Support new Specialist training program. Oversee transition/training of new team members as well as training for existing team members. Coordinate with Performance Development resources on special training needed for team members.
- Participate and when appropriate lead recognition programs specific to Specialist including team building activities and events
- Coordinate with Manager and Human Resources to determine appropriate corrective actions up to and including termination for performance, conduct, quality, and attendance
- Encourage team member participation in Company Programs (United Way and other community involvement, etc.)
- Take supervisor (escalated) calls
- Ensure effective internal and external communication (ensures timely communication) of information to employees. Communicate special Customer problems/issues to the Center Management team, Plant Employees, and Sales Employees as appropriate. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of team activity. Communicate any personnel issues/concerns to Center Management and Director. Communicates regularly with Workforce Team, Performance Development and Human Resources. Communicate regularly with Manager and other support staff regarding employee and team performance.
- Provide inputs to overall center and Contact Center Solutions Communication Strategy as it impacts the Customer Care Specialist
- Communicate information and updates to team members (respond to voice mail and e-mails, etc.).
- Effectively Lead Team Meetings by promoting employee engagement.
- Attend, participate and when appropriate leads meetings required and/or assigned by Manager
Service Level Management (20%)
- Lead team to achieve expected performance results. Monitor team Key Performance Indicators and provide information to each team member. Take calls as appropriate when needed to support service levels. Assist in arranging proper scheduling of employees to cover breaks, lunches, and peak work hours to achieve maximum efficiency and to minimize overtime. Partner with Workforce team to manage compliance and adherence.
- Responsible for attainment of productivity, sales and quality goals. Monitor service levels and calls on hold for assigned call type(s). Coordinate with Workforce Team, and Managers to make adjustments to schedules, call flow to meet service levels.
- Coordinate with Workforce Scheduling and Human Resources on employee absences
- May take calls as appropriate to support service levels and maintain proficiency upon request of Manager or Director.
- Manage Real Time Adherence/Compliance
- Supports the hiring process for new Center employees and Career Opportunity Program for Internal promotions.
- Screens applications, conducts interviews, participate in job fairs and other hiring initiatives.
- Completes company interview certification
- Maintains ability to participate in the interview process through ongoing certification and continued interviewing skills updates.
Other Responsibilities/Administrative (5%)
- Participate in team and Center projects as appropriate
- Reporting (facilitate, analyze and compile) as necessary in an accurate and timely manner
All other duties and tasks as requested by the Manager or Director.
Direct responsibility for 15+ Customer Care Specialists
Communication & Contacts Required
This position may include contact with various company personnel, including Plants, Field Sales, Corporate Marketing, IT, Engineering, HR and external clients, customers and vendors.
Education & Knowledge Required
Minimum of 2 years of college or equivalent work experience. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications and organizational skills. Professional demeanor, work ethic, energy and drive. Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to perform in an unpredictable, fast-paced environment. Leadership skills, willingness to coach and develop staff and ability to resolve conflicts
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
2 plus years of supervisory experience and 3 or more years of contact center experience. Basic ability to us personal computer. 10-key by touch. Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office applications. Ability to work flexible schedules and weekends based on business needs as determined by the Center Manager and Director. Presentation Skills
Harland Clarke, a Vericast Company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting our recruiting administrator at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.