Production Technician 2 (Machine Operator) 2nd shift
- Auburn, WA, USA
- Shift: 2nd
Are you drawn to a company that is making a difference? At Valassis, we are proud of the work we do to activate consumers on behalf of our clients through print and digital advertising - and we do it by being a trusted partner for big (and recognizable!) brands across all industry categories. We know we are expected to bring it – and we do; by believing the right team can achieve anything.
Hours: 2nd Shift, 5:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
Workweek: Wednesday- Saturday
- Responsible for meeting production goals/quality, machine operation and set up, delegation of labor, leading a team and ensuring enough of the proper materials are staged at the machine.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment.
- Additionally fulfills the job duties of a Production Technician 1 Feeder/Strapper as required.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Load and unload material into machine (30%)
- Perform and validate proper machine component set up (20%)
- Manage machine performance using a computer interface, requiring the use of a keyboard and mouse to point and click on work assignments and take corrective action when prompted by error message (15%)
- Applies troubleshooting skills for various machine components (15%)
- Perform quality checks (QC) on finished products (10%)
- Resolve machine productivity and product quality issues without assistance (5%)
- Analyzes, and reports critical objective data and information to production lead/supervisor, recommending improved machine use, quality control, and staff utilization (5%)
- Lead and coach team members (varying crew size).
- Adhere to housekeeping standards.
- Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy work environment.
- Collect machine performance information and enters data into MS Excel spreadsheet (if applicable).
- Maintain open communication with the team.
- Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
- Share equipment knowledge with team members.
- Responsible for quality, output, and production goals.
- Support and comply with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
- Operate a pallet jack.
- Pull samples of finished products as needed.
- Working knowledge of machine components & manufacturing operations.
- Make minor non-mechanical adjustments, such as jams and machine calibration to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Ability to read and respond to the machine digital interface / machine error messages.
Education & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent education certification.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine components and manufacturing operation.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 1 – 3 years related experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to assess obstacles and take corrective action.
- Mathematical skills and ability to read and comprehend daily machine reports.
- Demonstrates ability as a line lead (one machine).
- Computer usage experience preferred.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicate with other production team members
Decision Making Scope:
- Work Prioritization to meet production commitments and goals
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 30lbs, push and pull up to 30lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/ grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 30lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees require the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
- *Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
WHO WE ARE:
- Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. Follow Valassis on LinkedIn,Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- At Valassis, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Valassis considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting us at: [email protected]. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.