Software Engineer II-Advertising, Integrations and Data Team
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 1st
Valassis (a Vericast company) is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer. The ideal candidate is energized by the thought of developing new system stacks and tools for big data ingestion, processing, and analytics on a multi-petabyte infrastructure. This individual will work on team of talented engineers responsible for reporting on the delivery of our campaigns and handling technical integrations and data ingestion. They will develop products that help validate our media buys, ingest data into our platform, and generate datasets and reporting for our teams to analyze and monitor delivery and performance of our campaigns.
- Design, develop, and maintain the software and systems that drive our Display Advertising systems
- Extend our platform by researching and applying new technologies and stacks to solve business problems
- Participate in multi-disciplinary projects with our applications and analytics teams
- Maintain our big data platform by diagnosing, predicting, and correcting scaling problems
- Contribute to our team’s growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes·
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Python preferred
- Experience with Postgres, Tableau, Spark, and Scala a plus
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is preferred
- Excellent communications skills across multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to gather requirements, develop, test, and deploy software
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional software experience
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.