Production Technician 1 Feeder - 3rd Shift
- Austell, GA, USA
- Shift: 3rd
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its signature Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, to precisely target our clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
We are intelligent media delivery.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings.
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- Production Technician 1- Feeder
- Responsible for loading, unloading, and maintaining material to assigned machine units.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Load and unload materials into the machine. (70%)
- Respond to the indicator lights and display screens and know the actions required to mitigate the issue. (10%)
- Adjust machine components as needed. (5%)
- Verify correct material is on the production line. (5%)
- Ability to work with machine interface or machine controls. (5%)
- Perform basic machine setup and troubleshooting as needed. (5%)
- Adhere to housekeeping standards.
- Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy work environment.
- Maintain open communication with the team.
- Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
- Share equipment knowledge with team members.
- Responsible for quality, output, and production goals.
- Support and comply with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
- Operate a pallet jack.
- Make minor non-mechanical adjustments to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicate with team members.
- Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.
Education & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent education certification.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 0 – 1 year related experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic math skills.
- Works with sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communicator.
- Team player (works well with others).
- Ability to assess obstacles and take corrective action.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 30lbs, push and pull up to 30lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to 30lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees are required to have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
*Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
Valassis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator.