- Contract Type: Standard
About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Pay Rate: $27.00 - $30.00, Per Hour
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Veolia is looking for someone who can perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the wastewater treatment plant to sustain the plant’s production while adhering to all federal, state, and local regulations under direct or general supervision. Perform startups, periodic operations checks (onsite and/or remote), equipment inspections, troubleshooting, repairs, and/or preventive maintenance services as needed.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors plant operations equipment and processes to ensure compliance with environmental and public health standards, including monitoring and notifying as needed to maintain and optimize efficiency, such as chemical dosage changes, pumping rates and monitoring equipment daily.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing automated information and control system data for notification to supervisor and makes inspections or corrects system problems as necessary.
- Operates pumps, valves, chlorinators, instrumentation, odor control system, emergency power generator and other equipment by hand or mechanical means to regulate the flow of wastewater through various primary, secondary, and tertiary treatment processes; maintains an even flow to assure maximum efficiency of plant equipment and delivery of effluent to customers and/or ocean disposal.
- Inspects plant equipment and remote facilities and reports any failures or operating difficulties; stops and starts equipment as required for repairs, following all lockout/tagout procedures; calibrates and assures proper operation of various instrumentation and equipment.
- Operates and adjusts chemical feed equipment to ensure compliance with established standards; collects samples of wastewater and other materials at established times for laboratory testing and reporting; performs process analyses as needed.
- Reads meters, gauges, and instruments; monitors plant equipment using SCADA; performs record keeping functions such as logging plant operations, test results, maintenance work performed, and unusual operating conditions encountered; prepares and maintains a variety of computerized and written records.
- Cleans, lubricates, and performs light maintenance of plant equipment and facilities; assists in the routine maintenance painting of plant machinery, equipment, piping, and structures; may assist in complex plant maintenance and the care of grounds adjacent to the work location.
- Stands duty on a rotational basis and may work outside of regular work hours as necessary, including weekends and holidays; required to respond within a 45-minute time frame when on duty status, Responds to emergency call-out situations.
- Monitors chemical inventory, orders, collects, and/or receives chemicals and supplies and ensures that they are properly handled and safely stored.
- Drives a motor vehicle in the performance of the work.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and works well with others or in a team setting.
- Regular attendance and adherence to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- Observes safe work practices and safety methods; performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Driver's License.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.