Branch Floater - Full-Time
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
As a Chit Chats Branch Floater, you deliver a delightful experience to clients in our branches. You are the first line of defence for compliance adherence, and always do your best to ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it! Your process and sort shipments meticulously and are highly proficient in navigating our platform. You are always looking for more efficient, cost-effective ways of getting things done while keeping in line with our strategic anchors and values.
You build rapport with clients and teammates alike. You show up on time, dress to work and get the job done because you know clients and teammates rely on you. You take pride in and maintain a clean and tidy branch.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Greet customers while representing Chit Chats' brand and values.
- Offer consultative service, answer questions and make product and service recommendations.
- Process shipments meticulously including scanning, sorting and loading onto skids.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the branch.
- Take inventory and place orders for supplies.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing client returns.
Responsibilities to Team
- Help assist the branches when they are short staff.
- Open and close branches when needed.
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures.
- Contribute to a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management.
- Help teammates to ensure effective and low-cost procedures.
- Maintain good communication between team members.
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time.
In addition to our core values, people in this role must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies.
- Client Service
- Technical skills
- Must be available between the hours of 9 am - 9 pm Monday to Sunday.
- Must be able to commute to our west end branches for coverage when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, heavy lifting may be required.
- Previous retail, warehouse and shipping experience is considered an asset.
- Proficient with common computer applications and interest in learning new technical skills.
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook on life.
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients realize their dreams.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).
- This is a Permanent Full-Time position