Branch Floater - Full-Time
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
If you relate with being Caring, Curious and Cheerful; we are looking forward to having you onboard!
As a Chit Chats Branch Floater, you deliver a delightful experience to clients in our branches. You are the first line of defense for compliance adherence, and always do your best to ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it! Your process and sort shipments meticulously and are highly proficient in navigating our platform. You are always looking for more efficient, cost-effective ways of getting things done while keeping in line with our strategic anchors and values.
You work primarily out of our Burnaby location but are available to work out of our various locations in BC as required.
You build rapport with clients and teammates alike. You show up on time, dress to work and get the job done because you know clients and teammates rely on you. You take pride in and maintain a clean and tidy branch.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Greet customers while representing Chit Chats’ brand and values.
- Interacts and develops a positive rapport with customers and represents the company in a professional manner while taking every opportunity to build our business
- Responsible for the cleanliness, safety, and organization of the branch
- Some receptions and administrative duties and the ability to handle all customer inquiries via telephone, email and face to face
- Offer consultative service, answer questions and make product and service recommendations.
- Process shipments meticulously including scanning, sorting and loading onto skids.
- Take inventory and place orders for supplies.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing client returns.
Responsibilities to Team
- Help assist the branches when they are short staff.
- Responsible to ensure full compliance with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Open and close branches when needed.
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures.
- Contribute to a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management.
- Help teammates to ensure effective and low-cost procedures.
- Maintain good communication between team members.
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time.
- Two (2) years of branch/store management experience required
- P&L experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including expertise with Moneris, Google docs and Microsoft Office
- Willing to accept full accountability for branch operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and remain positive
- Must be proactive and happy to help our logistics process to run smoothly, jumping in where necessary to help out
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Typing Skills -Minimum 50 WPM and
- 1+ years opening and closing Office
- 1+ years office administration experience
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond and making it right for the customers
- Trustworthy, organized, reliable and has a positive outlook
- Ability to work from various locations across BC.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
As a federally regulated employer, Chit Chats Express fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Chit Chats is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).
- This is a full-time, permanent position.