Warehouse Floater - Morning Shift
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
The Warehouse Floater position performs general warehouse work that involves the process of shipments, spot check, sort, consolidate load and document shipments with incredible accuracy and navigate our platform smoothly. They switch between fulfilment where they are picking and packing and sorting inventory to back end processing where they process and sort shipments and greet customers and then to general warehouse work. You will ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it. You will also assist the fulfillment department when needed with picking and packing orders, receiving and sorting inventory
It is important for our warehouse floater to connect with teammates and clients alike. In addition to being able to get your thoughts across clearly, we want you to listen to others, be curious and ask questions, display empathy and show an interest in others.
You will collaborate with your teammates to find more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things that are values-driven and aligned with our strategic anchors.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Process shipments meticulously
- Consolidate shipments and bags on skids to maximize space on trucks
- Wrap and label skids according to business protocols to facilitate compliance checks
- Load and unload skids on/off trucks with the use of a pallet jack
- Conduct spot checks when necessary
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse and branch
- Process supply orders and inventory
- Pick and pack orders
- Receive and Sort inventory
- Greet customers while representing Chit Chats’ brand and values.
- Offer consultative service, answer questions and make product and service recommendations.
- Process shipments meticulously including scanning, sorting and loading onto skids.
- Take inventory and place orders for supplies.
- Extra duties from time to time
Responsibilities to Team
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures
- Maintain a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management
- Helping teammates to ensure effective and low-cost procedures
- Maintain good communication between team members
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time
Everyone on the warehouse team must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies:
- Must be available to work between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm Mon to Fri.
- Possess and consistently display all Chit Chats values, lead by example
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Standing and heavy lifting required
- Warehouse and shipping experience an asset
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, effective use of software and technology to complete tasks efficiently and with accuracy
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook on life
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients fulfill their dreams
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
As a federally regulated employer, Chit Chats Express fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.