Full Time - Class1 Driver
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact on Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
As our AZ (Class 1) driver, you are responsible for transporting client shipments safely and in a timely manner while following MTO regulations and maintaining safety precautions for self and company vehicles.
- Safely transport client shipments on time
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Safely transport returned shipments from our US warehouse to our Burlington facility when required
- Conduct inspection of vehicles for mechanical operation and/or safety issues
- Perform required daily/weekly maintenance
- Immediately report defects/safety issues/maintenance needs, accidents or violations
- Document and log work/rest periods in accordance with regulatory requirements and/or company policies.
- Comply with Provincial and US State laws/ regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Load and unload vehicles as required
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and shipment manifest
- Use the Chit Chats platform and other technology deemed necessary by the company to complete the trip.
- Understand and abide by cross border compliance regulations
- Locate individual shipments and complete compliance inspections as directed by US Customs officials.
- Work with supporting departments, such as compliance, in order to successfully complete trips.
- Must have 3 year previous commercial insured driving experience
- Possess Valid Class 1 Driver's License and clean driving record (motor vehicle record will be required)
- Possess Valid Canadian Passport with the ability to travel to the United States daily
- Commercial Driver Medical Certification or Equivalent may be requested
- Knowledge of surrounding area of Montreal and the outskirts
- Knowledge and experience with commercial border crossings would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.