Class 5 Driver
- Saint-Laurent, Montreal, QC, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
The Driver is responsible for operating a mid-sized commercial vehicle with a home base in Ville St-Laurent and pick-up locations in Ottawa, Montreal and the surrounding area. The Driver is responsible for the safe operation of our vehicle, promoting our business and developing a positive rapport with clients.
- Safe operation of a commercial vehicle for pickup of packages and delivery to United States Postal Service
- Interact with and develop a relationship with clients, partner carriers and US Customs officials
- Loading and unloading shipments including bags and skids according to company specifications
- Using Chit Chats online platform to scan, receive and organize shipments
- Interacting and developing a relationship with clients and representing our company in a professional and pleasant manner
- Conducting necessary safety inspections of vehicle
- Maintaining the vehicle in good condition at all times, checking and cleaning it daily and reporting issues that may arise to the management team
- Maintaining accurate records and submitting gas expense reports in accordance with company policy
- Providing general support to branch and warehouse staff as required
- You must be available between the hours of 7 am to 5 pm - Monday to Friday.
- 3 years previous commercially insured driving experience is a must
- Valid Class 5 License and clean driving record required (motor vehicle record/MVR will be required)
- Possess Valid Canadian Passport with the ability to travel to the United States daily
- Commercial Driver Medical Certification or Equivalent
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- Heavy lifting is required with the ability to continuously stand and bend, lifting up to 70 lbs. and maneuvering heavier packages with the appropriate equipment
- Knowledge of the GMA
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate effective time management
- Excellent communication skills with team members and management
- Punctual, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook in life
- Computer and data entry skills required, use of driving routes application and Chit Chats interface to complete pick-ups, package acceptance and sortation
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- On the job training including driver assessment training completed within the 3-month probational period
- This is seasonal FT Position