Cross Border Driver
- Richmond, BC, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
We are looking for drivers who are true professionals and strive to continuously look for ways to improve. In this role, you will represent Chit Chats in a highly professional and pleasant manner and set an example for other staff. You will handle company vehicles with care at all times, which means you will conduct inspections, respect your colleagues by cleaning out your vehicle daily, and report issues you come across immediately to management. You will maintain records with incredible accuracy, and possess a good sense of direction which means you will quickly learn your pick-up areas.
As a Chit Chats driver, you will build rapport with clients and teammates alike. A self-starter, you will show up on time, dress to work and get the job done because clients and teammates will be relying on you. Whether loading or unloading shipments and skids, processing shipments through the Chit Chats platform, helping in the warehouse or other tasks on the fly, you contribute enthusiastically and with precision because you are committed to our mission.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Interact with and develop relationships with clients. Point them in the right direction when they have questions.
- Pick up shipments and deliver to their assigned destination.
- Represent Chit Chats in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Responsibilities to Team
- Operate company vehicles according to company policies.
- Load and unload shipments according to company policies.
- Assist in the warehouse when required and provide support to other drivers.
- Keep up with paperwork and admin. i.e: Vehicle records, gas expense reports.
- Maintain good vehicle condition. Conduct inspections, keep it clean, adhere to COVID19 policies, and report issues to management as they arise.
- Possess valid Class 5 license.
- Possess a clean driving record (motor vehicle record/CVOR will be required).
- Minimum 1 year previous commercially insured straight truck driving experience.
- Must be available Monday to Friday and able to work a flexible 7-9 hour shift, falling between 9 am - 9 pm.
- Heavy lifting required with the ability to continuously stand and bend.
- Competence with the pump trucks to load and unload shipments.
- Knowledge of the surrounding area with the ability to follow directions and track routes.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate effective time management.
- Excellent communication skills with team members and management.
- Punctual, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook on life.
- Computer and data entry skills required, use driving routes application and Chit Chats interface to complete pick-ups, package acceptance and sortation,
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.