Logistics Coordinator (Class 5 Driver)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
As a Chit Chats Driver/Warehouse Assistant, you are responsible for operating a commercial vehicle with a home base in Ville St Laurent. You are responsible for the safe operation of our vehicle, promoting our business, developing a positive rapport with clients and delivering clients’ packages to the United States, compliantly clearing US Customs. You will process shipments, spot check, sort, consolidate load and document shipments with incredible accuracy and navigate our platform smoothly. You will ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it.
Responsibilities as a Driver:
- Safe operation of a commercial vehicle for pickup of packages and delivery to United States Postal Service
- Interact with and develop a relationship with clients, partner carriers and US Customs officials
- Pick up shipments from clients as required
- Use the Chit Chats platform to receive and organize shipments
- Load and unload shipments according to the company’s specifications
- Assist in the warehouse when required
- Inventory shipments and report back to the office
- Maintain accurate records, submit gas expense reports, record Mileage and maintain vehicle records in accordance with company policy
- Conduct necessary safety inspections of vehicle
- Maintain the vehicle in good condition at all times, check and clean it daily and report issues any issues to the management team
- Providing general support to store staff as required
Responsibilities as Warehouse Assistant:
- Represent Chit Chats in a highly professional and pleasant manner
- Process shipments meticulously
- Consolidate shipments and bags on skids to maximize space on trucks
- Wrap and label skids according to business protocols to facilitate compliance checks
- Load and unload skids on/off trucks with the use of a pallet jack
- Conduct spot checks when necessary
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures
- Maintain a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management
- Helping teammates to ensure effective and low-cost procedures
- Maintain good communication between team members
- Extra tasks, duties or projects from time to time
- Be available for border clearance and help with package identification.
As a baseline, everyone on the team must show aptitude in the following Core competencies. These are permission-to-play competencies:
- You must be available between the hours of 7 am to 5 pm - Monday to Friday.
- 3 years previous commercially insured driving experience is a must
- Possess Valid Driver’s License (Class 5) and clean driving record (motor vehicle record will be required)
- Possess Valid Canadian Passport with the ability to travel to the United States daily
- Commercial Driver Medical Certification or Equivalent
- Knowledge of the Montreal area and outskirts
- Knowledge and experience with commercial border crossings would be an asset
- Heavy Lifting required the ability to continuously stand and bend
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with team members and management
- Fully bilingual with demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of accuracy
- Previous retail, warehouse and shipping experience is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, comfortable with learning new programs.
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook on life.
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients achieve their dreams.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a Full-time, permanent position.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.