- Burlington, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
Do your colleagues, managers and friends describe you as a leader who always sets a great example and is inspired by meaningful purpose? Can you describe yourself as someone who welcomes all helpful and supportive feedback and seeks out challenges in order to grow and improve? Would an acquaintance describe you as friendly, welcoming and respectful?
Chit Chats values are not just words we put on our office walls, they are the description of our many exceptional employees who continue to progress, grow and set the bar high. Our values guide us on how to be successful at work and they are in alignment with who we are in life. We look to our values to ensure the right fit and we choose candidates who embody these principles over those who simply have the technical skills and experience required.
We also follow the principles of the book, Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni. Hope you’ve read it!
About the job
You will join our team as a core contributor to our shipping platform https://chitchats.com. We value individual ownership, feedback, initiative and collaboration. You can expect to grow in your strengths, versatility, and competence in this job. You can expect an inclusive, eager team who will support you, rise to challenges with you, and grow together.
Both intermediate and senior-level developers are invited to apply.
We assess seniority relative to the team at Chit Chats during the interviewing process.
We offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other tech-related field
- Experience in taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole developer
- Familiarity with CI/CD approaches, experience supporting and troubleshooting software in production
- Experience working on a distributed team
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter to introduce yourself and tell us why you feel you would be a fit for this role.
Note that this is an on-site position, based in our Pickering office and we are only considering candidates who live within a commutable distance to our office.
We appreciate all applications and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.