Ops and Logistics Lead
- Richmond, BC, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are Caring, Curious and Cheerful!
As the Operations Lead, you assist the Regional Manager with all day-to-day operations of the warehouse. You’re responsible for overseeing the movement of shipments from our Canada warehouse to our cross-border carriers and US warehouse as well as managing the performance of the team. You take a hands-on approach with a strong focus on compliance to ensure all shipments are handled accurately and all department objectives are met. You will also act as a backup driver whenever required.
Responsibilities to Clients and Partners
- Interacts and develops a positive rapport with clients and partners and represents the company in a professional manner while taking every opportunity to build our business
- Be a voice and ear for clients and partners
Responsibilities to Team: Warehouse
- Directly manage a team of warehouse employees through supervision, coaching, training, and cross-training
- Monitor and report employee performance, overtime, vacation requests, and absences
- Provide support, feedback, and regular communication to the Branch Manager/Fleet and Logistics Manager through scheduled meetings, daily check-ins, and submission of department checklists to ensure alignment of goals, project progression, and timely delivery
- Lead strategic projects and assignments under the direction of the Fleet and Logistics Manager; be involved in driving continuous improvement efforts
- Oversee and assist with sorting shipments, consolidating, loading, and wrapping skids with a strong focus on compliance
- Oversee and assist with loading and unloading skids onto/off trucks using pallet pump
- Maintain overall cleanliness and organization of the warehouse
- Oversee and assist with the process of documenting skid placement for shipment manifest, truck split
- Oversee and delegate supply inventory and orders
- Identify errors and inconsistencies to be logged, reported to the management team, and resolved with relevant departments
- Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations to improve current processes in the department
- Partner with the Compliance department to ensure all shipments are processed, sorted, and consolidated in alignment with all customs regulations and internal processes
- Work with Health and Safety Committee to ensure the warehouse and all employees are compliant with all Federal laws and requirements
- Additional duties to support branch and warehouse functions as required.
- Manage relationships with carriers
- Coordinate and spot-checking rate changes
- Consult with the Business Development team to ensure operational and business development activities are aligned and consistency
- Liaise with other teams when they need to reach out to our carriers regarding rates in addition to development work
- Partner with finance for invoicing, adjustments, and charges to accounts, audits
- Follow up/troubleshooting when reaching out to our USPS rep for operational needs
- Have a deep understanding and belief in Chit Chats’ purpose and values
- Lead by example, mission-driven and approachable
- Proven experience as an effective leader, supervisor, and trainer in a similar industry or role
- Trustworthy, organized, reliable and has a positive outlook on life
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Heavy lifting required
- Position involves standing or being active for long periods of time
- Demonstrated understanding of safe work practices and Occupational Health & Safety requirements and legislation
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).
- This is a permanent full-time position
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff