- Niagara Falls, NY, USA
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact on Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As eCommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
If you find yourself at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable, we’re looking for you.
As a warehouse assistant, you will process shipments, spot check, sort, consolidate load and document shipments with incredible accuracy and navigate our platform smoothly. You will ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it.
It is important for our warehouse assistants to connect with teammates and partner carriers alike. In addition to being able to get your thoughts across clearly, we want you to listen to others, be curious and ask questions, display empathy and show an interest in others.
You will collaborate with your teammates to find more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things that are values-driven and aligned with our strategic anchors.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Process shipments meticulously
- Consolidate shipments and bags on skids to maximize space on trucks
- Break down incoming skids for handoff to partner carriers in an organized fashion
- Wrap and label skids according to business protocols to facilitate compliance checks
- Load and unload skids on/off trucks with the use of a pallet jack
- Conduct spot checks when necessary
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse
- Process supply orders and inventory
- Extra duties from time to time
Responsibilities to Team
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures
- Maintain a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management
- Helping teammates to ensure effective and low-cost procedures
- Maintain good communication between team members
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time
- Be available for border clearance to help with package identification and for offloading of skids at the post office
- Assist in loading and unloading packages
Everyone on the warehouse team must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies:
- Must be available to work Mon to Fri 9 am to 5 pm.
- A valid driving license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Standing and lifting are required.
- Previous retail, warehouse and shipping experience is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, comfortable with learning new programs.
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook on life.
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients achieve their dreams.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- pay rate for this position is $15 hr
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.