Operational Excellence Manager (Onsite Role)
- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don't want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We value all of our clients. Our success has been built by honesty, trust, determination, and delivering on our promises. Our staff must be loyal and committed to the business. Customs compliance and customer service are our top priorities. We value hard work, diversity, teamwork, and respect.
Under the direction of the VP of Logistics, the Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and process optimization to achieve productivity and efficiency while helping the operations and regional managers to mitigate risks, enabling cost savings, and cultivating relationships that align with company values.
Key tasks include
1) Evaluate opportunities in addressing of an increasingly complex logistics network.
2) This individual will frame, implement and stabilize new operations practices.
3)This position will oversee all Chit Chats operational logistics within Canada to promote a lean process improvement and process standardization.
4)The individual acts as the dedicated liaison between operations teams and business development department.
Leadership and Team Management
● Regular communication with Leadership team to ensure alignment of goals, project progression and timely delivery
● Lead and support an analytical team in developing, documenting, and implementing policies, processes, procedures, and changes
● Pay attention to operations detail and be an effective listener to successfully lead and communicate national and regional operational excellence changes
● Collaborate with Regional Leads and other heads of departments to develop and implement continuous improvement culture
● Act as a key department stakeholder in collaboration with other key stakeholders during inter-departmental strategic meetings operations changes, and planning
Continues Improvement and Planning
● Implement LEAN principals and continuous improvement methodologies to Identify practical operational improvement opportunities
● Work with leadership team to develop a strategy encompassing subjects such as demand management, last-mile delivery planning and monitoring, and client pick up service consistency
● Develop standards procedures and key performance indicators for tracking departmental performance and define required corrective actions
● Develop maintenance planning of fleet and related equipment and ensure all operating fleet vehicles meet the efficiency requirements.
● Develop and manage relationship across all the courier, last-mile, LTL, and TL partnerships in US and Canada.
● 6+ Years relevant management experience and educational background in Logistic, Transportation, Supply Chain Management,
● BSc. degree in supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering Preferred
● Analytical experience in dispatching, resource optimization, coordination, and planning to meet client needs and reduce operational expenses
● Expertise in technology and software in support of logistics and fleet management
● Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
● Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning and organisational skills
● Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in a dynamic fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
● Agile; willing and able to “roll up the sleeves” to support warehouse and branches to in case it is required.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally.
● Strong project management skills and able to forge constructive relationships and maintain credibility internally and with external business partners
● Strong working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
● Lean certificate is an asset
● Flexible work schedule but candidate may require occasional travel within the GTA.
This is a permanent Full-time role.
A working computer with the ability to generate and handle large reports is required for this role.