Cross Border Driver
- Calgary, AB, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
If you find yourself at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable, we’re looking for you.
We consider the truck you will be driving a “branch on wheels”, and you will be at the helm. We are looking for drivers who are true professionals and strive to continuously look for ways to improve. In this role, you will represent Chit Chats in a highly professional and pleasant manner and set an example for other staff. You will handle company vehicles with care at all times, which means you will conduct inspections, respect your colleagues by cleaning out your vehicle daily, and report issues you come across immediately to management. You will maintain records with incredible accuracy, and possess a good sense of direction which means you will quickly learn your pick-up areas.
As a Chit Chats driver, you will build rapport with clients and teammates alike. A self-starter, you will show up on time, dress to work and get the job done because clients and teammates will be relying on you. Whether loading or unloading shipments and skids, processing shipments through the Chit Chats platform, helping in the warehouse or other tasks on the fly, you contribute enthusiastically and with precision because you are committed to our mission.
- Safely transport client shipments on time
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Safely transport returned shipments from our US warehouse to our Calgary Branch when required
- Conduct inspection of vehicles for mechanical operation and/or safety issues
- Perform required daily/weekly maintenance
- Immediately report defects/safety issues/maintenance needs, accidents or violations
- Comply with Provincial and US State laws/ regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Load and unload vehicles as required
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and shipment manifest
- Use the Chit Chats platform and other technology deemed necessary by the company to complete the trip.
- Understand and abide by cross border compliance regulations
- Locate individual shipments and complete compliance inspections as directed by US Customs officials.
- Work with supporting departments, such as compliance, in order to successfully complete trips.
- Possess Valid G License and clean driving record (motor vehicle record/CVOR will be required)
- Must have a valid passport
- Must have a flexible shift and be available Monday to Friday between 8 am to 9 pm
- 3 year previous commercially insured driving experience
- Heavy Lifting may be required with the ability to continuously stand and bend
- Knowledge of the GTA
- Minimum 3 year’s experience as Delivery Driver
- Organized, can work in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate and work as part of a team
- Punctual, Reliable with a Positive attitude
- Basic computer and data entry skills, an asset
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.