- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
Reporting to the Logistics and Operations Manager, as the Operations lead, you are stationed at our main hub warehouse and are responsible for overseeing the sort and dispatch operations at the warehouse. This includes the movement of shipments to our local and cross-border carriers and between our US and Canadian facilities. You’re a quick thinker who takes a hands-on approach to problem-solving. You enjoy optimizing processes and are a stickler for compliance. Advanced critical thinking and accountability are a must.
You are also responsible for leading the performance of the sort team. You lead by example and act as the dedicated liaison between your team and other operations and departments. You provide the support, training and guidance needed to align your team with the vision and goals of the organization and are accountable to support the Logistics and Operations Manager meeting your departmental objectives.
Leadership and Team Management
- Partners with Finance for invoicing, adjustments and charges to accounts, audits (including but not limited to approval of drop spot fees; client rate cards)
- Manages relationships with designated partner carriers and follows up/troubleshooting when reaching out to our partner carrier reps for Operational needs
- Provide support, feedback and regular communication to the Logistics and Operations Manager through scheduled meetings, daily check-ins and submission of departmental checklists to ensure alignment of goals, project progression and timely delivery
- Work with Health and Safety Committee to ensure the warehouse and all employees are compliant with all Federal Laws and regulations
- Responsible for the full operation and movement of all domestic, U.S., International and returns shipments in the main hub warehouse. This includes manifesting after the end-of-day processing, shipment sort, staging shipments, receiving shipments and returns
- Analyze, document and resolve daily receiving and shipping issues (including held, missorted and missing shipments) as they arise
- Implement and improve on cost management strategies including labour, scheduling, overtime management, productivity performance, and storage/space optimization,.
- Cascade up/down communication: Complete daily check-in updates; maintain open communication lines between leadership and teams to ensure alignment and timely delivery of goals, projects and reports.
- Generate and compile monthly reports such as scheduling, investigation and escalation logs, shipment turnarounds for your region and other reports deemed necessary for operational efficiency.
- Maintain all equipment and warehouse facilities and make recommendations for improvement for facilities, new equipment or upgrading of existing equipment to maximize facility output; ensure accordance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 11 pm
- 3+ Years relevant experience and educational background in Transportation, Supply Chain Management, and Client Support
- Expertise in technology and software in support of logistics and fleet management
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations of cross-border shipping and ability to assist in resolving any issues that might arise in the process
- Strong working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in a dynamic fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proactive team player who is willing to help develop the team, processes and protocols
In addition to our core values, people in this role must show aptitude in the following Core competencies:
- Technical Skills
- Solution provider
- Client Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Anticipation and Responsiveness
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Our address is: 3485 North Service Road, Burlington
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.