Full Time - AZ Driver
- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact on Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
If you find yourself at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable, we’re looking for you.
As our AZ driver, you are responsible for transporting client shipments safely and in a timely manner while following MTO regulations and maintaining safety precautions for self and company vehicles.
- Safely transport client shipments on time
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Safely transport returned shipments from our US warehouse to our Burlington facility when required
- Conduct inspection of vehicles for mechanical operation and/or safety issues
- Perform required daily/weekly maintenance
- Immediately report defects/safety issues/maintenance needs, accidents or violations
- Document and log work/rest periods in accordance with regulatory requirements and/or company policies.
- Comply with Provincial and US State laws/ regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Load and unload vehicles as required
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and shipment manifest
- Use the Chit Chats platform and other technology deemed necessary by the company to complete the trip.
- Understand and abide by cross border compliance regulations
- Locate individual shipments and complete compliance inspections as directed by US Customs officials.
- Work with supporting departments, such as compliance, in order to successfully complete trips.
- 3 year previous commercial insured driving experience
- Possess Valid AZ Driver's License and clean driving record (motor vehicle record will be required)
- Possess Valid Canadian Passport with the ability to travel to the United States daily
- Commercial Driver Medical Certification or Equivalent may be requested
- Knowledge of the Greater Toronto area and outskirts
- Knowledge and experience with commercial border crossings would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.