- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
If you find yourself at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable, we’re looking for you.
As Branch Lead, you are responsible for all day-to-day operations of your assigned branch. You ensure your team delivers a delightful, low-cost and easy-to-use service to clients while meeting all compliance expectations. You train and coach your team to be cohesive, healthy and engaged. You start each day by getting together with your team to review new communications, workflows and goals. If you do not have any direct reports then your focus will be on working with your manager to ensure your branch is successful in these areas.
You lead by example and guide your team to assist clients find the right solutions for their shipping challenges. You work cohesively with our Client Support, Compliance and Returns teams when troubleshooting client issues, and you work hard to exceed your allocated daily target to keep above your monthly trend. You dedicate part of your day to working alongside your team, merchandising product and signage to uplift the stores visual appearance and communication.
And, at the end of day, you are responsible for delivering an end of day report, highlighting the key daily numbers and create an action plan for the following day based on your weekly plan.
Responsibilities to Clients and Partners
- Oversees all branch operations to ensure strict adherence to all compliance expectations, policies and procedures
- Establishes and implements values, vision and mission into everything we do
- Be a voice and ear for the team as well as for the business and the clients
- Provides coaching, training and guidance to all branch personnel and mitigates conflict resolution
- Interacts and develops positive rapports with customers and represents company in a professional manner while taking every opportunity to build our business
- Promotes employee satisfaction with Employee Retention a key goal
- Provides support and regular feedback to the Executive Management Team
- Responsible for the cleanliness, safety, and organization of the branch
- Manages inventory effectively
- Responsible to ensure full compliance with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Some receptions and administrative duties and the ability to handle all customer inquiries via telephone, email and face to face
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Currently branch hours are between the hours of 10am to 7pm Monday to Friday
- Two (2) years of branch/store management experience required
- P&L experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including expertise with Moneris, Google docs and Microsoft Office
- Willing to accept full accountability for branch operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and remain positive
- Must be proactive and happy to help our logistics process to run smoothly, jumping in where necessary to help out
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Typing Skills -Minimum 50 WPM and
- 1+ years opening and closing Office
- 1+ years office administration experience
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond and making it right for the customers
- Trustworthy, organized, reliable and has a positive outlook
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.