Part-Time - AZ Driver
- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
As our AZ driver, you are responsible for transporting client shipments safely and in a timely manner while following MTO regulations and maintaining safety precautions for self and company vehicles.
- Safely transport client shipments on time
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Safely transport returned shipments from our US warehouse to our Burlington facility when required
- Conduct inspection of vehicles for mechanical operation and/or safety issues
- Perform required daily/weekly maintenance
- Immediately report defects/safety issues/maintenance needs, accidents or violations
- Document and log work/rest periods in accordance with regulatory requirements and/or company policies.
- Comply with Provincial and US State laws/ regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Load and unload vehicles as required
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and shipment manifest
- Use Chit Chats platform and other technology deemed necessary by the company to complete the trip.
- Understand and abide by cross border compliance regulations
- Locate individual shipments and complete compliance inspections as directed by US Customs officials.
- Work with supporting departments, such as compliance, in order to successfully complete trips.
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers license and maintain it during the course of employment
- Minimum two years proven experience driving an AZ regulated vehicle
- Clean CVOR
- Working knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, mechanical failure, weather conditions, etc.)
- Capacity for rapport and relationship building with supporting departments, partners and Border Officials
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks as required and provide employment recommendations
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a part-time, permanent position.
- 20 hours minimum and work every Saturday
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.