- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
As a Chit Chats Returns Lead, you are the coordinator of incoming returned goods from all Chit Chats services. You help ensure returns go to clients’ preferred return location, provide excellent service when clients inquire about returns and follow protocols for disposing of unclaimed returns. You are committed to providing an efficient, accurate and compliant returns service. You keep up to date with updates to procedure and are always looking for more efficient, cost-effective ways of getting things done while keeping in line with our strategic anchors and values.
You are able to connect with your teammates and clients alike. In addition to being able to get your thoughts across clearly, you listen to others, are curious and ask questions, display empathy and show an interest in others. You show up on time, dressed to work and get the job done, because you know clients and teammates rely on you. You take pride in and maintain a clean and tidy workspace.
You are a star at time management and organization, able to balance multiple different tasks in a day, including handling physical packages, data-entry and client and team communication. You always look for the best system to process, store and follow up on shipments, both physically and in the internal UI.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Review, investigate and resolve client inquiries. Escalate to manager once all problem-solving strategies have been utilized.
- Understand clients’ businesses and their needs and use extensive knowledge of the returns service to provide a delightful experience.
- Educate clients on returns and returns policies and procedures.
- Resolve customer service tickets associated with returns
- Process returns meticulously.
Responsibilities to Team
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures and conduct import checks when necessary.
- Maintain expert knowledge of our services, seeking opportunities to learn.
- Organize, consolidate and wrap returns. Coordinate distribution with drivers and branches.
- Review and follow up on records of entry/manifests created by the U.S. warehouse team.
- Perform quality assurance checks on return shipments and help to resolve processing errors.
- Contribute to escalations log and client feedback recommendations for management
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace.
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time
As a baseline, everyone on the team must show aptitude in the following Core competencies. These are permission-to-play competencies:
- Must be available to work Mon to Fri from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast paced environment.
- High level of accuracy, organization and attention to detail.
- Standing and lifting required.
- Previous retail, warehouse and shipping experience is considered an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, Gsuite. Comfort with learning new programs.
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook on life.
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients achieve their dreams.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.