Branch Lead (Retail Location Manager) - 2575 Blackwell St.
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
Who We Are
Chit Chats’ vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
The Branch Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations of their assigned branch. They ensure their team delivers a delightful, low-cost and easy-to-use service to clients while meeting all compliance expectations. The manager trains and coaches their team to be cohesive, healthy and engaged and they start each day by getting together with their team to review new communications, workflows and goals.
You will lead by example and guide your team to assist clients in finding the right solutions for their shipping challenges. You will work cohesively with our Client Support, Compliance and Returns teams when troubleshooting client issues, and you will work hard to exceed your allocated daily target to keep above your monthly trend. You will dedicate part of your day to working alongside your team, merchandising product and signage to uplift the stores visual appearance and communication.
And, at the end of day, you will ensure your team delivers an end of day report, highlighting the key daily numbers and an action plan for the following day based on your weekly plan.
Responsibilities to Clients and Partners
Serve as a subject matter expert on shipping related information for clients. Demonstrate initiative in learning and understanding new products, services and policy changes. Keep up with regular training, cascading down to your teams when necessary.
You are the voice and ear for clients who visit your branch. Report trends and feedback to management. You are accountable for your branch’s Google star rating.
Minimize client inquiries from your branch by ensuring phones are answered, replying to emails, turning around branch investigations, held shipments and returns in a timely manner.
Responsibilities to Team
Manage day-to-day performance of your team, ensure team and individual performance standards are met including strict adherence to all compliance policies, scheduling, branch safety, tidiness and cleanliness
Over-communicate values, vision and mission with your team, connect team and individual goals and how they relate to overall company direction.
Coach and develop your team to achieve a high level of team cohesion and client delight while keeping true to our values and strategic anchors. Work closely with your regional manager to maintain high employee engagement, retention, performance, and address staff-related concerns.
Manage supplies inventory effectively
Responsibilities to Leadership
Proactively identify trends and potential issues impacting our clients. Make recommendations that improve service and balance client satisfaction with our strategic anchors.
Generate reports of weekly responsibilities (ie: escalations log, held and returned shipments, spot checks) to help optimize services and recommend improvements to our processes and operations.
Be a voice and ear for the team, report trends and feedback to management.
- Client Service
- Anticipation and Responsiveness
- Solution Provider
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Branch hours are currently Mon-Fri 11 am-6 pm. Flexibililty and open availability are required for this role as hours and days may change in the near future.
- Two (2) years of branch/store management experience required.
- Proficient with common computer applications and interest in learning new technical skills.
- Willing to accept full accountability for branch operations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Heavy lifting may be required.
- Open minded, have a positive attitude and are adaptable in new environments.
- Flexible with your schedule and are available to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Eager to act as an ambassador by professionally representing Chit Chats through your behaviour, branch upkeep and team success.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond and finding creative ways to make it right for clients.
- Trustworthy, organized, reliable and has a positive outlook.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).
- To learn more about us, visit our website: chitchats.com.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.