- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
As a warehouse assistant you will process shipments, spot check, sort, consolidate, load and document shipments with incredible accuracy and navigate our platform smoothly. You will ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it.
It is important for our warehouse assistants connect with teammates and clients alike. In addition to being able to get your thoughts across clearly, we want you to listen to others, be curious and ask questions, display empathy and show an interest in others.
You will collaborate with your teammates to find more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things that are values-driven and aligned with our strategic anchors.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Process shipments meticulously
- Consolidate shipments and bags on skids to maximize space on trucks
- Wrap and label skids according to business protocols to facilitate compliance checks
- Load and unload skids on/off trucks with use of a pallet jack
- Conduct spot checks when necessary
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse
- Process supply orders and inventory
- Extra duties from time to time
Responsibilities to Team
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures
- Maintain a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management
- Helping teammates to ensure effective and low cost procedures
- Maintain good communication between team members
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time
Everyone on the warehouse team must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies:
- Must be available to work Mon to Fri 1pm to 9pm.
- Possess and consistently display all Chit Chats values, lead by example
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Standing and heavy lifting required
- Warehouse and shipping experience an asset
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, effective use of software and technology to complete tasks efficiently and with accuracy
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook in life
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients realise their dreams
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
Covid-19 update: Chit Chats is an essential service. We have strict Covid safety protocols in place for both our clients and our staff.