- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Chit Chats' mission is to help Canadian entrepreneurs pursue their dreams.
Our easy-to-use platform makes shipping delightful with integrations and time-saving features.
Deliver and make Canadian commerce borderless, seamless, and boundless so entrepreneurs can deliver their goods to the world!
Be inspired and grow
Chit Chats started off as a family business and today has expanded with multiple locations across Canada. We’re eager to rise to challenges that come with a growing business. At Chit Chats, challenges translate into opportunities for our employees to develop their own professional experience.
We value our people
At Chit Chats, your voice and effort are valued. We’re always looking to improve and frequently ask for feedback and insight from the whole company. Have an idea for an improvement? It will often be tested and implemented. Our monthly shout outs recognize outstanding performance in any role or department.
Work life balance
We understand that work-life balance is important. Earn an extra vacation day every year and take advantage of our comprehensive health benefits package. Get to know your teammates outside of work by taking part in social committee events like pizza days, laser tag outings and holiday parties.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who’s ready to join our caring, dynamic, diverse, fast-paced environment. Our values resonate with you and you strive for quality, not perfection. People enjoy working with you because of your technical competence and positive attitude. We appreciate people who can build trust, take a stand and yet commit when they disagree.
About the job
You will join our team as a core contributor to Chit Chats. We value ownership at the individual level, feedback, initiative and collaboration. You can expect to grow in your strengths, versatility, and competence in this job. In return you will get an inclusive, eager team that will support you, rise to challenges with you, and grow with you.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Use your Ruby on Rails experience (5+ years) to deep dive into our product platform
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
- Show your passion for learning and growing
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another tech-related field
- Experience in taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole developer
- Familiarity with CI/CD approaches, experience supporting and troubleshooting software in production
- Experience working on a distributed rmote team
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other developers and departments to come up with great solutions to tough problems, write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout
We offer competitive salaries based on your experience, meaningful equity, and a sweet RRSP matching program. We value rest and have a flexible approach. Employees are granted three weeks of vacation to start (and earn an additional day every year on your anniversary date) as well as personal days and a few more holidays which you might not expect!
We support our team's health by offering comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans to best fit your and your family's needs. We also offer paid maternity and paternity leave to help you adjust to life with your new little one.
We promote continuous learning and provide development opportunities through courses, training, conferences and tutorials. Spend up to $3,400 over a two-year cycle and have 90% covered by us.
This is open to applicants legally eligible to work in Canada.