- Burlington, ON, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
Chit Chats’ Compliance Officers ensure all shipments are compliant with international customs restrictions and carriers. As a member of this team, you will investigate and resolve client-related compliance issues. You will complete a manifest after end-of-day processing and log issues. You will focus on ensuring shipments comply with customs laws. As part of the compliance team, you will also help find more efficient, cost-effective ways of doing things while ensuring shipments are sorted correctly and are compliant.
Chit Chats compliance officers also keep up to date with regulatory restrictions including U.S. and International Customs and our carrier partners, and contribute to the evolution of the company knowledgebase.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Resolve compliance issues. Escalate when necessary.
- Educate clients to ensure compliance with company and customs policies.
Responsibilities to Team
- Liaise with Federal agencies when necessary.
- Work with other departments to audit shipments.
- Understand changing carrier and customs restrictions.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Create end-of-day manifest. Pull non-compliant shipments when necessary and log issues.
As a baseline, everyone on the team must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies. These are permission-to-play competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Client Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Manifest shipments meticulously
- Must be available to work Mon-Fri between the hours of 8am-10pm and approximately 1 Sunday shift per month.
- Detail oriented and focused.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Proactive, professional and friendly.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills, strong conflict resolution skills.
- Competent in MS Office/Google Suite, databases and software platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Able to work both independently and cooperatively with a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Team player who is willing to help develop with the team, the processes and protocols and assist teammates when they need help.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- To learn more about us, visit our website: chitchats.com