Back End Package Processor - Part-Time
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
The Back End Processor will assist the Branch Manager with all day-to-day operations of their assigned branch with a strong focus on the processing shipments. You will be the first line of defence for compliance adherence, and always do your best to ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it!
You will process and sort shipments meticulously, load and wrap skids and use our platform and other software programs as tools to ensure accuracy and efficiency of shipment processing. In your downtime, you will be looking for more efficient, cost-effective ways of getting things done while keeping in line with our strategic anchors and values.
Chit Chats' team members build rapport with clients and teammates alike. You will show up on time, dressed to work and get the job done, because clients and teammates will be relying on you. You will proudly maintain a clean and tidy branch to keep it organized and safe.
Responsibilities to Clients
- Represent Chit Chats brand and values to everyone you interact with.
- Process and load shipments meticulously.
- Prepare skids for transport.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the branch.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing client returns.
Responsibilities to Team
- Follow company policies and procedures to a T.
- Follow compliance procedures.
- Maintain a log of escalations and provide summary reports to management.
- Helping teammates to ensure effective and low cost procedures.
- Maintain good communication between team members.
- Extra tasks or projects from time to time.
In addition to our core values, people in this role must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies:
- Client Service
- Technical Skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bending, standing for long periods of time and heavy lifting required
- Warehouse and shipping experience an asset
- Proficient with common computer applications and interest in learning new technical skills
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook in life
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients realise their dreams
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- This is a 4 month contract part-time position with the possibility of an extended employment opportunity.
- Must be available 3-4 days/week, Mon-Fri 2:30 pm-6:30 pm.