Senior UX Designer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Chit Chats’ vision is to help Canadian entrepreneurs deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
Chit Chats' values are not just words we put on our office walls. They guide our success and reflect who we are. We look to our values to ensure the right fit and we choose candidates who embody these principles over those who simply have the technical skills and experience required.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
You will be responsible for:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders including engineering, product, marketing, and customers.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated UX design experience within a technology company
- Passion for changing the lives of Canadian entrepreneurs.
- Experience and/or interest in logistics and shipping.
- Demonstrated design, communication, and collaboration skills.
- UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ownership, innovation, flexibility, and initiative.
Innovate, develop, and grow within a collaborative environment
Be a part of a growing team embracing work/life balance, mission driven, changing the way shipping is done
We offer competitive pay and full benefits package including vacation and personal time off days
We are open to remote hires, however, preference is Vancouver (Lower Mainland) based candidates
Please provide a website or work sample when applying.