AZ Driver - Part Time - Saturdays
- Pickering, ON, Canada
Chit Chats' vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
You are a true professional when it comes to your work, you will represent Chit Chats in a proficient and pleasant manner and set an example for staff. You will deliver shipments to partner facilities in the United States, clear US Customs and facilitate compliance inspections at customs when necessary. You will handle company vehicles with care at all times; which means you will be conducting inspections, cleaning out your vehicle daily and reporting issues you come across immediately to management.
You will interact with and develop relationships with customs officials, clients and teammates alike and do your best to assist customs officials during compliance inspections - our business depends on it.
Whether loading or unloading skids, helping in the warehouse or executing tasks on the fly, Chit Chats' drivers are meticulous.
Responsibilities to Clients and Partners
- Represent Chit Chats in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Interact with and develop relationships with clients and US Customs officials.
Responsibilities to Team
- Operate company vehicles according to company policies.
- Pickup shipments and deliver to their assigned destination.
- Load and unload shipments according to company policies.
- Assist in the warehouse when required and provide support to other drivers.
- Keep up with paperwork and admin. ie: Vehicle records, gas expense reports.
- Maintain good vehicle condition. Conduct inspections, keep it clean and report issues to management.
As a baseline, everyone on the team must show aptitude in the following 3 Core competencies. These are permission-to-play competencies:
- Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to Detail
- 3 year previous commercially insured driving experience is required
- Possess Valid AZ Driver's' License and clean driving record (motor vehicle record is required)
- Possess Valid Canadian Passport with the ability to travel to the United States every Saturday.
- Commercial Driver Medical Certification or Equivalent may be requested
- Knowledge of the GTA and outer parts
- Knowledge and experience with commercial border crossings would be an asset
- Heavy lifting required with the ability to stand and bend for long periods of time
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- Be available to work Saturday starting at 4 am
- Shift flexibility required with the ability to work every Saturday and additional hours/days if needed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Must be self motivated and function well during the early mornings
- This is a permanent, part-time position.
- Ideally this candidate will be centrally located as the starting location will be in both the east and west end of the GTA.