Client Service Representative/Back End Processor
- Markham, ON, Canada
Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
We’re looking for you if you are at the intersection of being mission-driven, growth-minded and approachable.
As a Chit Chats CSR, you deliver a delightful experience to clients in our branches. You are the first line of defence for compliance adherence, and always do your best to ensure shipments comply with customs laws - our business depends on it! You process and sort shipments meticulously and are highly proficient in navigating our platform. You are always looking for more efficient, cost-effective ways of getting things done while keeping in line with our strategic anchors and values.
You build rapport with clients and teammates alike. You show up on time, dressed to work and get the job done, because you know clients and teammates rely on you. You take pride in and maintain a clean and tidy branch.
Receive clients in store: regular cashier functions using Chit Chats platform, answer questions regarding the Chit Chats account and make recommendations on our products and services
Processing mail: scan, weigh, sort and load skids while following compliance procedures to ensure all shipments comply with customs laws
Communication: answer client calls, contact clients via telephone and email and make detailed notes in their account
Store organization: maintain overall cleanliness and organization of the branch, take inventory of supplies, maintain client return shipments
Additional duties to support customer and branch functions as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask with efficiency in a fast paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Standing and lifting required
- Previous cashier and retail experience a strong asset
- Warehouse and shipping experience an asset
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, comfortable with learning new programs
- Trustworthy, reliable, full of heart with a positive outlook in life
- Possess a passion for serving people, going above and beyond to help our clients realise their dreams
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch)
- Hours of work will vary between Monday to Friday 8:45 AM and 8 PM, and 1 Sunday a month from 9:45 AM to 2:30 PM
This is a 6 month contract with a possibility for an extended or permanent employment opportunity.