- Local Airport Rd, Ikeja, Nigeria
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are sourcing for a Python Developer who has experience building enterprise level application and can contribute to the strategic business needs by translating business requirements into a technology solution. In this role, you will be asked to design, code, and test applications using Object Oriented Design. We are looking for someone that is self-driven, ready to take on a new challenge, and able to deliver on solutions from start to finish. This is a mid-level Python Developer position. This really is an exciting position within a relatively young team of developers, testers and DevOps engineers.
- Develop well-designed and performing Python applications and services using scalable techniques.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions including databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc
- Develop state-of-the-art analytics tools to support diverse tasks ranging from ad hoc analysis to production-grade pipelines and workflows for customer applications
- Partner with Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to improve the performance and reliability of advanced algorithms
- Ensure high performance and availability of distributed systems and applications
- Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff to support live customer deployments
- 4+ years of Python development experience
Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate in a team to develop innovative solutions.
Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, logic, problem-solving, written and interpersonal communication, presentation, and client-facing skills
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Competitive based on experience