Senior Business Analyst
- Local Airport Rd, Ikeja, Nigeria
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
As a Business Analyst, you will be a dedicated resource of a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and as such will work directly in the SBU under the supervision of the Senior Business Analyst at the SBU or SBU management team (where no Senior BA is on this team). All assigned task from the Competence Center will be targeted at personal development (and occasionally to cover for shortfalls in capacity). You will be tasked with learning sector/industry specific skills while also perfecting skills around Business Analyst competence and knowledge areas through training and practical approach to learning.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Stakeholder Management: demonstrate maturity in the management of executive stakeholders and clients always exceeding expectations set for continuous improvement.
- Discipline, drive, depth understanding of a sector: Team requires Self-development task to Publish at least three (3) White paper annually with a focus on a sector/technology/topic of relevance to VGG business focus. Emphasis on data collection, data analysis, and research.
- Quality of work done: work on projects and produce quality outputs for tasks required by the SBU, producing outputs in line with the BA engagement model and standard. Follow through from resale through the SDLC in a mid to high valued and/or low to mid-Budget and Low to Mid Risk Projects or guided by a senior analyst, on High-risk projects.
- Contribution to VGG financial target Annually: Show significant Contribution to Revenue Generating projects valued at no less than NGN250,000,000.00 in a financial year.
- Capacity Building: Evident Improvement in soft skills and growth in competence and knowledge areas.
- Improved ability to identify Business Opportunities for VGG (resell and bespoke solutions).
- Proven quality of sales and technical Documentation, showing attention to details and clarity with a maximum of 2 reviews. With almost zero iteration required.
- Quality Management. Requirements Management, Software testing and User acceptance testing.
- Product Management
- Solution go-to-market strategy mapping.
- Relationship management and external stakeholder management.
- Business process modeling and improvement
Qualification & Requirements
- Young, passionate and available to put in the long hours.
- BSc Certificate holder, Certification in a Business or Technology related course
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a similar/relevant role from a reputable organization (Experience in Business Systems Analysis is an advantage).
- An understanding of the role of a Business Analyst in a Technology product and service company.
- Drives significant insight from information gathered on the Venture Garden Group sector happenings and market trends.
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft office application/tools (MS Office, Visio, Smart draw, prototyping tools)
Added Considerations but not mandatory:
- Proficiency in the use of Python, MySQL, PowerBI and Tableau
- Computer Science background
- A master’s degree in a relevant field
- Sector Knowledge
- IIBA certification - CCBA or CBAP
- Project Management Certification - PMI, Scrum
- Research, Financial analysis, Systems analysis, Business analysis, & Data analysis
- Project Management & Product Management
- Solution go-to-market strategy mapping
- Requirements elicitation and life cycle management
- Solution design management/conceptualization
- Operations Management
- Process mapping and Improvement
- Ability to utilize market analysis tools e.g. PESTLE, SWOT, PEST, BMC etc.
- Solution Documentation management
- Business Development, Relationship Management and Sales
- Organizational Strategy Analysis/mapping
Skills & Abilities
- Good Team player
- The right level of attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Good time management skill
- Excellent Communications skills
- Speedy learner
- Ability to lead small - mid-sized project teams
- Dependable, shows dedication and hunger to learn
- Exhibits confidence and maturity in handling senior management and executives internally and externally.
- Personal Presentation and Brand Management skills
- Cross-functional/ Cross-Business Thinking skills
- Willing, ready and able to learn new skills on the go
- High emotional intelligence
- Self-driven and Self-motivated
- Empathetic and understanding
- Skilled motivator
- Organized and Focused
Flexibility is important.
The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Must be ready to relocate to Lagos.
Competitive based on experience